FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Could be played Sunday 17th at Old Trafford, rags play Norwich on the Saturday.

Not really logistical to transfer from a home game to a semi in 1 day. The stadium set up, security etc would need to be totally different and they’d need a ton of signage changes and media arrangements.

Not seen much media outrage and wailing about the fans like with the super league thing.

Maybe they enjoy their free day out at Wembley more than they actually give a shit.
It’s been highlighted by a few outlets - The Mail, TalkSport, etc.

Could be played Sunday 17th at Old Trafford, rags play Norwich on the Saturday.
Liverpool are scheduled to play United on the 19th so no chance the game can be on the Sunday.

We know deep down that the venue won't be changed, so the best suggestion I've seen so far is for us and Liverpool to play our scheduled league games on the weekend of the 16th/17th and to play the semi-final the following weekend when the rail network is back to normal. It would mean re-scheduling the league games due to be played that weekend but that's no worse than re-scheduling the league games due to be played the weekend before anyway.

Liverpool are scheduled to play United on the 19th so no chance the game can be on the Sunday.

We know deep down that the venue won't be changed, so the best suggestion I've seen so far is for us and Liverpool to play our scheduled league games on the weekend of the 16th/17th and to play the semi-final the following weekend when the rail network is back to normal. It would mean re-scheduling the league games due to be played that weekend but that's no worse than re-scheduling the league games due to be played the weekend before anyway.
Absolutely hate this idea. The prem game is the most important out of the lot, one we cannot afford to loose, and I don't fancy playing them on the Saturday 5:30 after being in Madrid on the Wednesday, when they've been at home to Benfica and probably afforded to rest a few of their key men.

It's a non starter in my opinion.

Absolutely hate this idea. The prem game is the most important out of the lot, one we cannot afford to loose, and I don't fancy playing them on the Saturday 5:30 after being in Madrid on the Wednesday, when they've been at home to Benfica and probably afforded to rest a few of their key men.

It's a non starter in my opinion.
I'm not talking about the game against Liverpool ffs - that's unaffected as that's the week before! I'm talking about playing our game at Wolves on Sunday 17th April as originally scheduled, and Liverpool playing their scheduled league game that weekend too, then moving the semi back to the following weekend.

They could move that game with Utd to the 20th, that’s gives them another 4 days before they play Everton on the 24th, don’t see this has a problem tbh.

They could move that game with Utd to the 20th, that’s gives them another 4 days before they play Everton on the 24th, don’t see this has a problem tbh, can’t see the league game changing though.
They could but Sky already have that game on the 19th earmarked for live coverage and presumably have a game scheduled for live coverage on the 20th too as there's a few matches on that night, so I doubt very much that they'll shift it

I'm not talking about the game against Liverpool ffs - that's unaffected as that's the week before! I'm talking about playing our game at Wolves on Sunday 17th April as originally scheduled, and Liverpool playing their scheduled league game that weekend too, then moving the semi back to the following weekend.
And watch the boxing too.

They could but Sky already have that game on the 19th earmarked for live coverage and presumably have a game scheduled for live coverage on the 20th too as there's a few matched on that night, so I doubt very much that they'll shift it
We’re the live match on the 20th

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.