FA Watch

Montgomery Burns said:
PistonBlue said:
Anyway I'm still on the fence on this issue but it's obvious this is something that divides us all at the moment and we won't reach agreement before I get off to bed (5 minutes!). Maybe tomorrow is the time to have a think about this when we've all had a night's sleep to get this out of our systems!

Anyone in your house been celebrating today? If so, add a few on....

just watching MOTD2 and seen something of interest regarding leaving the field of play.
does that mean.....
crossing the white lines? going off the turfed area? going beyond the advertising boards? going as far as the crowd?

the reason i ask is...........
kevin doyle scores for wolves vs fulham in the 18th minute.he then runs to the side of the goal,goes over the line, off the turfed area, jumps the advertising boards runs 7 or 8 paces over concrete and hugs the fans in the crowd.

result = no booking

PistonBlue said:
City Raider said:
ok, after pm's with monty we don't know if we should be contacting the FA about the ref and extra time?

The ref played 1 minute extra for Bellamys goal celebrations but only 20 seconds extra for Owen's. Both goals took about a minute to restart. I could do with knowing why, anyone else feel the same or should I just let it go!?

Absolutely we (FA Watch) should ask questions about this. Not that I think we'll get a satisfactory answer but it does need raising.
We all want consistency and as such we can only go off past incidents and the actions taken by the FA. In effect, a footballing case law.

First of all I would argue that as a general rule ref's do not add 1 min for every goal celebration, excessive or otherwise (by the way I'd like the FA to explain what they deem to be 'excessive celebration'). If they do, it should be common knowledge and transparent, so if a game is 1-1 after 45 mins then we can all know as a fact there will be at least 2 minutes added on. But this is simply not the case.

Secondly, if we are adding 1 minute for Bellamy's goal, then surely we must add one for Owen (case law again).

Wrong on the second point. If Owen scored with only 15 seconds remaining on the clock, then the game should rightly have finished 15 seconds after the resumption. If the celebration had taken 5 minutes, it would not have been correct to play for a further 5 minutes.

Similarly with Bellamy. If there were 4 minutes left to play at the end of the game (which to all intents and purposes was when Bellamy scored), then the game should have lasted 4 more minutes after the resumption. The resumption was on around 91 minutes. Carrick's substitution was another reason to make another extension to the original 4 minutes.

Notwithstanding the above, two questions that remain are 1) why 4 minutes in the first place, and 2) how did this end up being 7 minutes.

It would be pointless arguing against the added time, as referees will always come up with some creative reasoning rather than admit any personal wrongdoing.

2nhkxa1.gif

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this.
When Owen Scored, Gary "The Munster" Neville was next to Sir red nose.
Why did he then run to the corner where the City fans where to celebrate the goal. Jumping up and down like a jack in a box with a dildo up his arse.
Surely a case of "Improper conduct" that needs adding to the FA watch list.
The Daily mail do mention him running like a lunatic but nothing like the witch hunt that followed Adebayors celebration.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1214938/Mad-chester-Injury-time-row-Fergie-taunts-City-Bellamy-hits-fan-Neville-lunatic.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

sam the drummer said:

This is interesting and does need bringing up.

bluemeanie69 said:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this.
When Owen Scored, Gary "The Munster" Neville was next to Sir red nose.
Why did he then run to the corner where the City fans where to celebrate the goal. Jumping up and down like a jack in a box with a dildo up his arse.
Surely a case of "Improper conduct" that needs adding to the FA watch list.
The Daily mail do mention him running like a lunatic but nothing like the witch hunt that followed Adebayors celebration.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1214938/Mad-chester-Injury-time-row-Fergie-taunts-City-Bellamy-hits-fan-Neville-lunatic.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Again another for the evidence pile.

For me the result isnt an issue but the following are and need to be presented for answer:
1) Where did 4mins extra time come from?
2) Why did we play 7mins?
3) If the reasoning was the sub and goal celebration time then what (as mentioned above) happened to the Arsenal game when 4 goals were scored? No consistancy and thats the issue.
4) Bellamy needs a telling off, like it or not it has to be equal and City are not amune to the FA Watch system.
5) Why is Fergie and the 4th official laughing at such an important time in the game?
6) What will happen with the coin incident? That was aimed at Tevez.
7) Asmentioned what about chuckle when the 4th went in? Taunting of away fans?

I also think the Chelski incidents need bringing up from their game too.

Also, if the referee is adding time on for goal celebrations why did he blow the whistle only 16 seconds after we kicked off. If he is going to do that then he should add another minute for their celebrations after Owen scored.

Oops, I forgot, only the scum get added time when they need it at the swamp...........

bluemoondays said:
Also, if the referee is adding time on for goal celebrations why did he blow the whistle only 16 seconds after we kicked off. If he is going to do that then he should add another minute for their celebrations after Owen scored.

Oops, I forgot, only the scum get added time when they need it at the swamp...........

Good shout and this is why FA Watch has been set up. No two matches are the same and should be. The top four do get special treatment, no doubt about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.