FA Watch

I understand your wishes not to take the extra time issue forward Monty but if you just heard Dermot Gallagher on Talksport you might have changed your mind.

The question was put to him - fair enough add on 1 minute for Bellamys celebration but why wasn't a minute also added for Owen's? His reply has me pretty flabbergasted.

I can't quote him word for word but essentially it came down to when the goal was scored. Bellamys in normal time therefore time added on, Owen's in injury time - can't add any more time on!!!

WTF! How can this be right? Basically if Bellamy had scored 5 seconds later (ie in injury time) the ref would have only played 4 minutes. This is a farce.

Just a bit extra:

There were two genuine injuries at Chelsea yesterday and that totalled 8 mins and 27 seconds. Howard Webb added 8 mins of extra time for that (so 27 seconds less than the actual time) and actually blew the final whistle on 98:37.

But there were also 2 goal celebrations to take into account in the 2nd half as well, which saw no extra time added.

So they had a lot less extra time than they should have had. But Atkinson adds a heel of a lot more extra time than he should have. Add that to the blatant penalty denial when Keane was taken out.

There is a very clear pattern emerging here!

Cheltblue said:
Just a bit extra:

There were two genuine injuries at Chelsea yesterday and that totalled 8 mins and 27 seconds. Howard Webb added 8 mins of extra time for that (so 27 seconds less than the actual time) and actually blew the final whistle on 98:37.

But there were also 2 goal celebrations to take into account in the 2nd half as well, which saw no extra time added.

So they had a lot less extra time than they should have had. But Atkinson adds a heel of a lot more extra time than he should have. Add that to the blatant penalty denial when Keane was taken out.

There is a very clear pattern emerging here!

There is no clear pattern, we had a penalty shout (Corluka on Ballack) turned down just before we scored our first. Just because MOTD didn't show it, doesn't mean it didn't happen (surely you should be realising how Sky & BBC can paint things in certain ways). Yes, Spurs should have had a penalty in the second half, but we had a further penalty appeal turned down when Assou-Ekotto decided to punch the ball from our free kick.

If the referee wanted to add time on for our celebrations, he could have. We probably would have scored a 4th because Spurs were completely out of the game at that stage and had no recognised central defenders left.

It's naive to think that there is some 'Sky 4' favouritism club, where we all get the same special favours and complimentary get out of jail cards from the Premier League and FA - there is a pecking order and Manchester United are on top.

Another case of double standards.

The FA refuse to contemplate video replays in games to settle contentious decisions but will use video evidence after a match to bring charges - a bit of a stretch I know but typical of the hypocrisy of those corrupt bastards.

acquiesce said:
1) according to the FIFA website time added on can only be for substitutions and injury assessment. NOT FOR GOAL CELEBRATIONS. 4 minutes on the board, where did they come from?

Have you got a link to that?

moomba said:
acquiesce said:
1) according to the FIFA website time added on can only be for substitutions and injury assessment. NOT FOR GOAL CELEBRATIONS. 4 minutes on the board, where did they come from?

No link because it isnt actually true!

This is what it states:

ALLOWANCE FOR LOST TIME

Allowance is made in either period for all lost time through:
- Substitutions
- Assessment of injury to players
- Removal of injured players for treatment
- Wasting time
- Any other cause

The allowance for time lost is at the discretion of the referee

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... gameen.pdf</a>

page 28

Unfortunately "any other cause" gets them off the hook.

Just found it myself

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_7_the_duration_of_the_match_en_47401.pdf

An allowance is made for the following:
- substitutions
- the assessment of player injuries
- the removal of injured players from the field of play for treatment
- time wasting
- when play is stopped for different reasons (eg critical weather conditions, goalpost broken, floodlights failure).

Many stoppages in play are entirely natural (eg throwin, goalkicks)

An allowance is to be made only when these delays are excessive

The referee shall not compensate for a timekeeping during the first half by increasing or reducing the duration of the second half

The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time indicated by the referee at the end of the final minute of each period of play

The announcement of the additional time does not indicate the exact amount of time left in the match. The time may be increased if the referee considers it appropriate, but never decreased

So it seems, according to this that an allowance isnt made for goal celebrations, unless it's deemed time wasting (I'd question exactly how much time celebrating a 90th minute equaliser in a derby is excessive).

moomba said:
acquiesce said:

A link would be great and really help with the argument against the 4mins. Especially seen as that is the reason given publicly.

City Raider said:
I understand your wishes not to take the extra time issue forward Monty but if you just heard Dermot Gallagher on Talksport you might have changed your mind.

The question was put to him - fair enough add on 1 minute for Bellamys celebration but why wasn't a minute also added for Owen's? His reply has me pretty flabbergasted.

I can't quote him word for word but essentially it came down to when the goal was scored. Bellamys in normal time therefore time added on, Owen's in injury time - can't add any more time on!!!

WTF! How can this be right? Basically if Bellamy had scored 5 seconds later (ie in injury time) the ref would have only played 4 minutes. This is a farce.

Are you sure that is what he said, if so its a fucking joke.

Monty Burns' Daughter said:
As the name suggests, Montgomery Burns is my old man. He's actually been simultaneously driving us all mad and surprising us all weekend and I've been reading along right from the beginning - football discussions were banned from the dinner table last night courtesy of my long suffering mother although I think we were all secretly wondering how much Fergie paid for yesterday's stage show.

Anyway, he wanted me to leave a message as he's finally made it in to work this week so isn't surgically glued to the computer. He'll be back later to reply to messages and PMs.

Cheers... btw, what everyone's doing is great and I'll be offering up my time in anyway I can.

Hi, spoke to your dad on the phone on Saturday, he seemed really passionate about this and think he will do some good.
Welcome to the board by the way.
NMF!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.