FA Watch

All the graphics for the webiste are now complete, Im just workign on getting it all in place.

Buy Sunday Night there WILL a demo online held on my servers, then I will zip it up and send it to ric to upload.

kippaxblue76 said:
Have we got anybody watching Stoke V Utd? Charlie Nicholas on SSN reckons Scholes should have had a second yellow.

Was just going to post that. Scholes, blatant handball. Free kick given. Referee obviously saw it. No yellow! It would have been his second and united down to 10 men.

I don't know if anyone has all the officials names in the Stoke v Utd game, but just in case, here they are:

Referee: Howard Webb

Assistant referees: Darren Cann & Mike Mullarkey

Fourth official: Lee Mason

0103 said:
For those wondering what the role of the Incident Co-ordinator is, I'll be looking to ensure that for each premier league match played we will have a representative watching, and bringing any incidents of interest to our attention. We'll do this with a team of "spotters" passing on key information about the matches they are watching. Basically we want one person to act as a spotter for each premier league team, recording things like:

- Name of the referee and the other officials
- Details of each red and yellow cards handed out
- Time goals were scored, and the time the game restarted after each goal.
- Any red card offences not spotted by the ref at the time
- Any stoppages for injuries
- Any excessive or "improper" goal celebrations
- Any other incidents that may be of interest

In short, watching football, and passing on info about the game. Tough job eh!!

Each report will be looked at, and relevant incidents referred onto Mark for further action or contact with the FA. Even if no further action is deemed necessary each report will be logged, and analysed down the track to see if we can highlight trends.

It's vitally important that we get a spotter for each club, it will give us two spotters for each premier league game played and ensure that we don't leave ourselves open to accusations of highlighting certain incidents and ignoring others - an accusation that may well be laid on the doorstep of the FA one day.

Ideally volunteers will be able to see full match footage (I'm sure BBC & Sky wouldn't edit controversial incidents out of their highlights packages) of each their allocated teams matches. But anyone willing to spend time and effort highlighting the incidents that will form the bread and butter of the FA Watch campaign will be more than welcome. Of course we will also welcome any input from anyone who wants to highlight a particular incident without committing to a particular team, but we want to be sure that for every match we will have at least those two allocated "spotters" acting as our eyes and ears.

If you're interested, or have any questions please pm.

Thanks for this 0103.

This will be what makes or breaks FA Watch. If we don't get volunteers to do this we go nowhere. But it's not such a tough ask is it, for all of committed football fans. The main difficulty on this board will be to find someone reporting on City games, particularly the person who reorts on City. It won't be a problem, because when we get this rolled out to fans of other clubs it should be relatively easy to get someone to commit to doing this.

And whilst we won't be able to have spotters at all Premier League games and will have to rely on Football First and MOTD to an extent, we will be helped out by our 'overseas' members who have access to games live (including many Saturday 3pm kick off's) by virtue of them being eligible to view matches because the overseas rights are sold to so many different countries these days.

So roll up, roll up, to watch the greatest show in town.

EDIT: Do we have someone who is good with databases who can put something together to collate all the necessary information? If so, please contact 0103 direct and talk through how all this information is to be recorded.

The words of one Mr Chuckle

"Neville told The Daily Telegraph: "In football we have all become too sensitive. You celebrate a goal because you are winning a football match.

"Fans give you loads of stick. You give them a bit back. That is football.
He added: "The press thrive on it as well. One minute they will do an article with you saying there is no passion in football.

"Next week they go around saying they want to ban you for three matches, fine you a hundred grand because you have celebrated a goal.

"It's mixed messages and a lot of it is driven by the press. It raises the questions of whether the FA is strong enough to step away from it and look at it for what it is.

"There is no real consistency in the response."

Many are comparing Neville's celebration with that of Emmanuel Adebayor, who is facing an improper conduct charge for his celebration in front of the Arsenal supporters after being given a three-match ban for a stamp on Robin Van Persie. Neville was not keen to compare the two celebrations.

He said: "You would have to ask him his motives, but all I can say is that my motives are passion and winning."

to be honest as much as i dislike neville his celebration didnt bother me one bit.

its all part of the banter for me, and crying about a player celebrating a goal is pathetic.

fathellensbellend said:
to be honest as much as i dislike neville his celebration didnt bother me one bit.

its all part of the banter for me, and crying about a player celebrating a goal is pathetic.

Absolutely Its probably what I would have done in the same position

fathellensbellend said:

All we ask for is consistency, Ade, Neville not a lot of difference is there really. I agree when you say it is all part of the banter, you give it you take it and the Arsenal fans could not do that, thats the only reason Ade has been charged.

kramer said:
The words of one Mr Chuckle

"Neville told The Daily Telegraph: "In football we have all become too sensitive. You celebrate a goal because you are winning a football match.

"Fans give you loads of stick. You give them a bit back. That is football.
He added: "The press thrive on it as well. One minute they will do an article with you saying there is no passion in football.

"Next week they go around saying they want to ban you for three matches, fine you a hundred grand because you have celebrated a goal.

"It's mixed messages and a lot of it is driven by the press. It raises the questions of whether the FA is strong enough to step away from it and look at it for what it is.

"There is no real consistency in the response."

Many are comparing Neville's celebration with that of Emmanuel Adebayor, who is facing an improper conduct charge for his celebration in front of the Arsenal supporters after being given a three-match ban for a stamp on Robin Van Persie. Neville was not keen to compare the two celebrations.

He said: "You would have to ask him his motives, but all I can say is that my motives are passion and winning."

I think he's heard about FA Watch!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.