FA Watch

The first reply from the FA, passes the book to Keith Hackett and the second letter has my head spinning, I think Tracey Bates makes it up as she goes along. Like you said keep a dossier on what the FA have to say and use it later.

Mark Tipton said:
Carl_Man_City said:
What about Defoe the other day leaving his foot in against Gordon

I didn't see it - is there a link around?

can't find it m8 heres the thread on it most seemed to think it was a red card offense

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148207" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148207</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=453943" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=453943</a>

Mark Tipton said:
Stage 2 letter now received from the FA, much as expected. I'll drop them a line perhaps tomorrow and in the meantime we'll keep plugging away - these responses will over time mount up and we will hopefully build up a dossier that can be used to good effect in the future.

Dear Mark

Thank you for your email.

In any instance, The FA considers whether a matter has been dealt with by the match officials at the time. If not then The FA will ask the referee whether he saw the relevant incident (and decided to take no action) or did not see it. If he saw the incident then The FA can only take action in the most exceptional cases, for instance where the offence would have warranted an additional charge beyond the sanction imposed for a red card. For example, the incident involving Ben Thatcher and Pedro Mendes.

Where referees have seen an incident and dealt with it at the time then The FA will not re-referee the match by reviewing whether the decision was appropriate. In the case of Jonny Evans, the referee dealt with the incident at the time as he saw fit. In the other instances you refer to, the match referee in each case confirmed that they had not seen the incident and therefore The FA had jurisdiction to consider disciplinary action.

Kind regards

Tracey Bates | Customer Relations Assistant
Communications
The FA Group
Wembley Stadium I Wembley | London | HA9 0WS
Postal address: Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London SW1P 9EQ
T +44 (0) 844 980 8200 # 4707
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.TheFA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.TheFA.com</a>

Let me get this right then, "Where referees have seen an incident and dealt with it at the time then The FA will not re-referee the match by reviewing whether the decision was appropriate", however "If he saw the incident then The FA can only take action in the most exceptional cases, for instance where the offence would have warranted an additional charge beyond the sanction imposed for a red card. For example, the incident involving Ben Thatcher and Pedro Mendes".

So which is it? If the ref sees the incident the FA will not review the decision unless the FA feels it warrants an extra charge. Fantastic.

If he sees it they can only do something if the charge would be more than a red card (Thatcher)

If he hasn't seen it they can look at offences which would have been a red card if he had seen it.

Here we have Atkinson who claims he's seen it despite logic suggesting otherwise.

Mind you, this is the same guy who missed the Shaun Wright-Phillips and Robert Huth incidents so he has to claim he's seen something once in a while I guess.

Mark Tipton said:
If he sees it they can only do something if the charge would be more than a red card (Thatcher)

If he hasn't seen it they can look at offences which would have been a red card if he had seen it.

Here we have Atkinson who claims he's seen it despite logic suggesting otherwise.

Mind you, this is the same guy who missed the Shaun Wright-Phillips and Robert Huth incidents so he has to claim he's seen something once in a while I guess.
Thather got a yellow card for that one and by FA law that should have been it but we all know that through newspapers and tv the fa change its mind

blue John said:
Mark Tipton said:

Thather got a yellow card for that one and by FA law that should have been it but we all know that through newspapers and tv the fa change its mind

No mate, the FA could bring the charge against Thatcher because they considered it worse than a red card offence - which it was.

My God, am I defending the FA here?!

Mark Tipton said:
blue John said:

No mate, the FA could bring the charge against Thatcher because they considered it worse than a red card offence - which it was.

That is not possible. The strongest possible deterant the ref has, is the red card. How can the FA sanction something stronger? To apply that logic they would need to review everything, to check something happenend that may have warranted a stronger punishment, in which case, whether the ref has seen an incident or not becomes irrelevant.

Which mod do you need do point a gun at to get this made into a sticky?

KenTheLandlord said:
Mark Tipton said:

That is not possible. The strongest possible deterant the ref has, is the red card. How can the FA sanction something stronger? To apply that logic they would need to review everything, to check something happenend that may have warranted a stronger punishment, in which case, whether the ref has seen an incident or not becomes irrelevant.

As the FA themselves state in the message I posted a few posts up

'The FA can only take action in the most exceptional cases, for instance where the offence would have warranted an additional charge beyond the sanction imposed for a red card. For example, the incident involving Ben Thatcher and Pedro Mendes'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.