FA Watch

Final message sent to the FA tonight:

Whilst I have no intention of getting into continuous dialogue with you over the Jonny Evans incident, I will for the record say just this.

What you have said isn't new in the slightest - everything hinged on whether Mr Atkinson saw the incident. Since he got it so ridiculously wrong and assuming nothing untoward went on, it was either :

- he didn't see the incident properly (which we gave you every chance to consider) in which case the FA could look at it, or

- Mr Atkinson really does need to pop down to Specsavers.

It does make you wonder what the outcome might have been if say Clarke Carlisle of Burnley had done something similar to Jonny Evans at any one of the Big 4 grounds.

I can't help feeling that perhaps some influential person would have whispered a little something in the ref's ear and hey, the next thing you know he says he was partially unsighted and if he'd have seen it from a different angle he would have called it differently.

The FA would then hit Carlisle with a violent conduct charge and a three match ban would follow.

Many fans might well feel that this is how it all works, sad to say. (end)

Copies of the e-mail to the FA will be sent to the usual media outlets as a matter of course.

Mark

Here you are Mark, another cracker from the FA.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/alty1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/alty1.htm</a>

On Friday's Radio Manchester Non-League Show, Graham Heathcote was one of the guests. He was asked about this programme notes from last Saturday and admitted he was frustrated at the players' failure to play to an acceptable standard in the Cheshire Senior Cup both this season and in previous years.

He also threw some light on the James Smith (right) suspension, which arose after Mansfield sent a video to the FA which led to the right back being suspended for an incident the referee had not seen. Graham confirmed that the club only received a copy of the video, which had caused Smith's ban, after the guilty decision had been reached by the FA. He also confirmed that Smith had been allowed neither representation nor the right to appeal and indicated that the video on which the suspension of the Alty player had been based was the version which had been edited to have a short gap before the incident which allegedly showed Smith raising his arm against Mansfield's Speight.

Ask the lying bastards to sort that out!!!!

KenTheLandlord said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/alty1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/alty1.htm</a>

On Friday's Radio Manchester Non-League Show, Graham Heathcote was one of the guests. He was asked about this programme notes from last Saturday and admitted he was frustrated at the players' failure to play to an acceptable standard in the Cheshire Senior Cup both this season and in previous years.

He also threw some light on the James Smith (right) suspension, which arose after Mansfield sent a video to the FA which led to the right back being suspended for an incident the referee had not seen. Graham confirmed that the club only received a copy of the video, which had caused Smith's ban, after the guilty decision had been reached by the FA. He also confirmed that Smith had been allowed neither representation nor the right to appeal and indicated that the video on which the suspension of the Alty player had been based was the version which had been edited to have a short gap before the incident which allegedly showed Smith raising his arm against Mansfield's Speight.

The link just to me to the home page Ken, so I couldn't see anything from there. But the lack of representation as you say is plain wrong and would be open to an aggrieved party asking for a judicial review, as the FA are a quasi-public body and have been taken to judicial review before though not, as far as I am aware on that particular subject.

mat said:
Vidic elbowed another player tonight.....

Cheers mat, is there any clip around as I haven't seen this.

And for everyone else, were there any other incidents worthy of note over the weekend?

I seem to recall a horrible two-footed challenge whilst watching MOTD that brought only a yellow - was it Traore? Again, has anyone got a clip as I seem to remember that one looked like a clear sending off.

Mark Tipton said:
mat said:
Vidic elbowed another player tonight.....

Cheers mat, is there any clip around as I haven't seen this.

And for everyone else, were there any other incidents worthy of note over the weekend?

I seem to recall a horrible two-footed challenge whilst watching MOTD that brought only a yellow - was it Traore? Again, has anyone got a clip as I seem to remember that one looked like a clear sending off.

In my opinion this was the worst tackle I have seen all season and should have certainly been a straight red card.

Mark Tipton said:
KenTheLandlord said:

The link just to me to the home page Ken, so I couldn't see anything from there. But the lack of representation as you say is plain wrong and would be open to an aggrieved party asking for a judicial review, as the FA are a quasi-public body and have been taken to judicial review before though not, as far as I am aware on that particular subject.

Just scroll down mate, but i have pasted what was written, above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.