FA Youth Cup Final 29th April 1986

That topless photo of Andy Hinchcliffe in the programme was responsible for me fancying him through childhood... curse the damn youth cup!!!!

Ian Scott was interviewed pitch side against Burnley a few weeks back, my little boy had to cope with me fangirling over him by going round to the other stand to sit nearby so I could stare at another of my childhood idols!! (Used to make Ian Xmas/birthday/Valentine cards and he would write back nice things about my artwork!). Due to the sound I couldn't hear most of what was said though so have no idea why he was being interviewed - he lives in the states still doesn't he (that's quite a distance to go to get away from me!!!) ;)
Here you go.....
Ian Scott was over for a wedding and told Lakey he was going so they could meet up and Lakey "arranged" it for the pre match interview
FB_IMG_1714481243910.jpg

Wasn't this another game that Swales fiddled the crowd. IIRC they were just going to have the main stand open but the crowds kept on coming and coming and they ended up opening the Platt Lane and North Stands. Not many rags at all, crowd supposedly just over 18k (we only had just over 19k for previous 1st team game) yet most people thought it in excess of 25k

I went to both games. Absolutely murdered them at Maine Road. Gary Walsh(?) saved them from an absolute battering.

It was definitely one of those feelgood nights when you felt as though you were watching the start of something big, and to be fair, 3-4 were fully fledged First XI players by 1990-91.

Sadly, and for all sorts of reasons, we never quite kicked-on.

Wasn't this another game that Swales fiddled the crowd. IIRC they were just going to have the main stand open but the crowds kept on coming and coming and they ended up opening the Platt Lane and North Stands. Not many rags at all, crowd supposedly just over 18k (we only had just over 19k for previous 1st team game) yet most people thought it in excess of 25k
Platt Lane and the Kippax away end was for rags.
The Main Stand and Kippax for us Blues. When the Main Stand was full the stewards led Blues into the North Stand until they got staff on the turnstiles in the North Stand.

David Boyd scored after 4 mins in front of the North Stand and ran towards City fans all along the edge of the pitch being taken from the Main Stand into the North Stand.

The official attendance was just over 18,000. At the players reunion in 2013, Bernard Halford admitted there was 28,000 there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.