FA Youth Cup Final 29th April 1986

Was in the Kippax that night. My only memory of the night is Gary Walsh prevented it from being stopped to prevent further punishment! We utterly banjoed them. What a good set of young blues we had in that youth side, my favourite being White at the time despite Lakey being the one everyone was raving about.

Such a talented group of players and all managed to remain grounded even after breaking into the first ten. That cup run was brilliant to witness and they thoroughly deserved it. My regret from that era was Moulden not making it.Remember the scum throwing full beer cans from the corner of the Platt Lane at our boys as they paraded the cup. Imagine being in a retarded mob bullying a team of teenagers that had just achieved something you could only dream about.

Last edited:
Wasn't this another game that Swales fiddled the crowd. IIRC they were just going to have the main stand open but the crowds kept on coming and coming and they ended up opening the Platt Lane and North Stands. Not many rags at all, crowd supposedly just over 18k (we only had just over 19k for previous 1st team game) yet most people thought it in excess of 25k
Main Stand and Kippax were open , the rags were in the Platt lane( 1500 at most from memory). They had to.open up the north stand to accommodate the people queuing outside, I reckon the crowd was about 25/26 K. I also went to the first leg where the attendance was only reported as 7K , again from memory there were 4-5 k Blues there. We definitely outnumbered them on their own patch

Main Stand and Kippax were open , the rags were in the Platt lane( 1500 at most from memory). They had to.open up the north stand to accommodate the people queuing outside, I reckon the crowd was about 25/26 K. I also went to the first leg where the attendance was only reported as 7K , again from memory there were 4-5 k Blues there. We definitely outnumbered them on their own patch
Didn't they open the North Stand as well ?
The MUFC fans were in the Platt Lane, but not that many of them.
That Youth team played fast, flowing football that was a joy to watch.
Did at least 6 of them play for the first team ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.