FA Youth Cup tonight

moomba said:
Not totally on topic here but came across this on RAWK in a thread about Barcelona's academy.

My job involves watching a lot of u9's-u12's football between the professional clubs in this country and the standard is just awful compared to other countries. Its usually just 22 players running around after the ball with very little passing, although Man City are becoming a big exception.

Oh that's good to hear. I can't claim any knowledge but I did watch the U15s in the Lion Cup pre-season and thought they looked incredible. There was such fluidity to the team, great technical ability, and they looked like a Spanish team. I wonder if anyone on BM has regularly seen our youth teams below U18 level to comment on what the general style of football(er) is looking like?

LoveCity said:
moomba said:
Not totally on topic here but came across this on RAWK in a thread about Barcelona's academy.

My job involves watching a lot of u9's-u12's football between the professional clubs in this country and the standard is just awful compared to other countries. Its usually just 22 players running around after the ball with very little passing, although Man City are becoming a big exception.

Oh that's good to hear. I can't claim any knowledge but I did watch the U15s in the Lion Cup pre-season and thought they looked incredible. There was such fluidity to the team, great technical ability, and they looked like a Spanish team. I wonder if anyone on BM has regularly seen our youth teams below U18 level to comment on what the general style of football(er) is looking like?
That's the competition I saw too.

Lopes seems like the most impressing player in the team, hopefully he will be loaned soon to play regularly and be ready for the first team.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 pm --<br /><br />It will be nice to have a City TV channel, so we can follow the EDS and U 18 games live and seen the full games instead of the 2 minutes highlights.

r.soleofsalford said:
Minchroadster said:
What's the left back Plummer like? I'd he one for the 1st team?

very good a plugging leaks in the defense

tough crowd on here at the moment. I'll give you a token LOL at that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.