FA Youth Cup v Oxford United - Tuesday 7th March 7pm

Very impressive performance from the lads. Oxford made them work for the chances but when they came they were well taken. Our goalie was pretty much redundant in the second half.
Just back home from the match. My opinions:-
The centre halfs looked after their big centre forward well I don't think he touched the ball within 25 yards of our goal.
He was substituted in the second half, I think he had run himself out.
A feature of this team is their running power, the fullbacks are helped by the attackers dropping back and covering. Justin Oboavuduo in the second half seemed to drop into midfield more and gets through alot of work defensively, as does Ndala. The starting team has had 4 or 5 changes in different rounds of the cup, I think. Tonight O' Reilly, Wright,Harrison and Muir were on the bench and no sign of Heskey or Whittingham.
Oxford had someone called Josh Iheanacho on the bench.
The Oxford supporters amused themselves by singing Oh Gatlin O' Donkor so a group of our younger supporters tried to drown them out by singing the correct version.
I agree with those of you who say these matches are 'like medicine,' the majority of these players unfortunately won't play for us, but as a team are good to watch, play well, and seem to be capable of playing different tactics.

Excellent performance very dominant for most of game imo, this City side much more athletic than usual club identity, an area I think teams like Oxford would hope to have an advantage. Only area I think they will need to be careful of at Arsenal is midfield being more compact as gap between, CDM and 8 & 10 a bit too big at times. Top team though some great prospects in really promising couple of age groups for this season and next.

Only other negative, poor turnout for the lads, if Utd can top 60k for youth cup final we should at least be packing out the mini stadium for final if we beat Arsenal

It was bloody cold last night, the open Academy Stadium, jeez, it was like being at Boundary Park!

The food was good, Chicken & Mushroom Pie, Mash, peas and Gravy, £4.50!

Good game too ;-)

It was bloody cold last night, the open Academy Stadium, jeez, it was like being at Boundary Park!

Good game too ;-)
The stadium is awful I don't know who designed it but they need to spend some money enclosing it, it's just wrong for the Manchester climate.
Unfortunatley there is not much interest in these games at all from our fan base and never really has been.

Good game too ;-)
I had that scran... and even that was cold. I was too cold to complain.

Really impressed with Dada-Mascoll last night. he keeps things simple and seems to find this level a bit easy IMO. Might be one to push on a bit quicker, has he played EDS yet? certainly one to watch.
Dada seems to be just about in the U18s with a dozen appearances. Haven't seen him at the EDS level, to my knowledge.

If we reach the final I hope they move the game to the main stadium. If City made it free entry, as United did for their final, I'm sure a really good crowd would turn up to back our boys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.