Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like 100000 is our basic salary for every player if we go by the press
havent seen much of him,would he Able to break into first team?
considering he,s english ,its a steal for 8m

59883738 said you can't get a better England International for £8M, I simply named two

1st of all joe hart was a kid and still had a lot to do and the market back when he signed was not as inflated as now so you cannot compare the two. Secondly, Milner moved from city, we can only get a player to renew his contract if they play for us, so he wouldn't count as a transfer even if he had have stayed on. So basically 59883738 is right, there is no other current english international midfielder you could get for 8 million. He's a good signing, and 8 million is not that big of risk in the current market either.

when where there rules to this?

It's not "rules", it's accuracy. When City paid £600k for Hart he was not an England international. Therefore, it's incorrect to say we paid £600k for an England international. Capiche?

Agreed....

Plus...I didn't hear villa bitching or dragging his name through the mud despite the fact they won't be happy with the fee

Delph was out of contract this summer and signed that new contract with the release clause in January.

Villa are getting £8 million for Delph when he could have left for free in the summer, like Milner did.

We've got 17 foreign players, so we need to work a 1 in 1 out policy when signing those. We've got very few homegrown players, Hart, Clichy, Wright. That's it. So, clearly, we're going to be adding some of them to the squad. Sterling, hopefully, will be one. However who else do we bring in? Saying we should add Aranguiz instead of Delph simply doesn;t work, the "British passport" is vitally important. I think Delph, at 25 and an international, is a good player currently, and has real potential to improve, especially surrounded with world class players. Maybe I'll concede Milner was better than Delph, but by so much that signing Delph is a mistake? Not for me. It's not as if we have Milner still as an alternative.

Quite so. We need the best homegrown players available for out squad (and the best foreign players for our first eleven). I think this is a better signing for us than it for the player himself. If you look at the Barcelona, Bayern, Real etc squads, they have their share of makeweights. Good signing at the price, given the limited amount of available hg talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.