Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see him as the more central version of Milner. Puts a graft in, provides good energy, runs all day etc. Different position but he'd give us the qualities we lost from Milner leaving. Given our homegrown situation, for "10 million, we'd be daft not to replace Fernando with him. If you were Delph though, you'd avoid coming to City. His stock is probably the highest it will ever be right now, he had a good last season for Villa, Euros coming up, another similar season to the last could see him playing in that and he could then get himself a move to a Europa league challenger and play regular football to the best standard he's capable of. with us, he's never going to play in the big games when everybody is fit and his England place will be lost.

One argument i don't but into is the " it leaves us with more money to spend on bigger targets" This isn't the case with us this summer, Spending big on a squad filler midfielder will not impact how much we can spend on Pogba or any other target.we don't need to be saving money on cheap players, we don't need to choose one or the other, we can have them all. Hence why i'd sooner have Wilshere

Why get him then if he's not as good as the 2 we have??
After our finish to last season maybe Pellegrini has opted to play 4-5-1. With 3 central midfield positions to cover we could need one more extra central midfielder in the squad than we began last season with.

According to the Mirror we can get him for £10m. I think he's a good player. I don't think he's as good as Fernando or Fernandinho though.
That's gotta be bollocks. Why would they put a £10m release clause in his contract? I reckon they'd ask closer to £30m with todays prices, and we'd end up settling in the mid-20s. But if it's true, snap their hands off. Not often a homegrown player of his quality is available that cheap. He's never gonna be world class, but he'd definitely have something to contribute if used properly.

A signing just to get the homegrown quota up, and I can guarantee he won't get many starts at all. I would welcome him for ten million, but from Delph's point of view, I'd think long and hard about it.

That's gotta be bollocks. Why would they put a £10m release clause in his contract? I reckon they'd ask closer to £30m with todays prices, and we'd end up settling in the mid-20s. But if it's true, snap their hands off. Not often a homegrown player of his quality is available that cheap. He's never gonna be world class, but he'd definitely have something to contribute if used properly.

Because they were desperate for him not to go on a free I would imagine and also I assume they didn't want him to leave in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.