Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph would improve us because if he came he would know he won't get many starts will eat up a HG spot and that means we could sell Fernando to bring in a top quality foreign player.

He's also got plenty of experience to be brought on in certain situations to do a job.

If we brought in Ward-Prowse we would be basically buying potential but he wouldn't be starting enough to improve his ability. Therefore we would have to either sacrifice one of the big stars or loan him out thus defeating the object of improving the squad.

I can see us looking at him next summer but with a rumoured £150m to be spent £10m for a decent HG player is decent business. Providing of course he's not instead of any of the major signings
The main thing I like about Delph is,his work rate.Got a great set of lungs on him and will constantly run his balls off.A very good price at £10M.

He is not the ideal transfer target but if we can get him for £10m then he is not a bad alternative to Wilshere in terms of HG.

Last edited:
I get the Delph thing but do people really believe we'll sell Fernando after 1 year? Can't see it myself.
I think we would struggle to sell him anyway... can't see him being much better next season. Seems always to be off the pace and as a result the games just pass him by.

Ah, hg, at last I come across a post I agree with.

Crazy how spoilt some are on here, would be a cracking signing at £10mil. IMO a far better player than Jimmy Milner and everyone wanted him to stay....

Yep, I'm on this page also. If he came though, I hope he is given the same opportunities that Milner was to show what he can do.

Not a big fan of him at all but we need a home grow cm and Wilshire performance for England there added another 10 mil to an already expensive gamble on his fitness. So for 10 mil not bad!

I know its all about opinions but to regard him "nowhere near good enough" is stupid.

No it isn't. Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Rags, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, you're picking him for those games? He'd be nowhere near my team, not creative enough to warrant a place to break down little sides, and not good enough to cope in big games, like Rodwell he'd be a waste of fucking space.

We're meant to be trying to be champions again and win the CL, there is no merit to buying him, none. He's had 8 years to step up and he's consistently failed to make anything other than fleeting impressions, and the rest of the time he's been naff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.