Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Dzeko,Nasri,Fernando,Kompany and Mangala are also in the firing line for inconsistency so that speaks volumes.

To compare Kompany, Nasri and Dzecko's level of performance to Delph's is ridiculous

Mangala and Fernadno are new to the league so in willing(ish) to give them the benefit of the doubt whereas Delph has been playing in the league for years and only occasionally stands out.

He's just not good enough

He's around his level at Villa. He'd probably be a handy player for plenty of teams in and around mid table. The likes of Everton, West Ham, Newcastle and Stoke. He comes to us and he's a bit part player who's international career would likely stall due to lack of minutes.
That said, if we're looking to address the HG quota with squad fillers he's not the worse option out there.

Even if there is such a release clause, does it automatically mean the club that triggers it gets him for £10m? Or does it spark off an auction among all interested clubs? I'm guessing the latter.

To compare Kompany, Nasri and Dzecko's level of performance to Delph's is ridiculous

Mangala and Fernadno are new to the league so in willing(ish) to give them the benefit of the doubt whereas Delph has been playing in the league for years and only occasionally stands out.

No its not.Don`t be so short sighted in thinking those players are consistent performers.Yes Vinnie had a very poor season,but both Nasri and Dzeko certainly do NOT perform to a standard that is good enough for City.

No its not.Don`t be so short sighted in thinking those players are consistent performers.Yes Vinnie had a very poor season,but both Nasri and Dzeko certainly do NOT perform to a standard that is good enough for City.

Nasri and Dzecko have been here for years and been essential to us winning trophies. Thier form has been inconsistent at times but they are quality players

Delph is not in thier league in terms of quality or achievement

Nasri has often performed to a standard good enough for City, if he can sort his fitness and gets his mindset right he's got a few more seasons left at the highest level. I wouldn't be looking to get rid of him. His problem has been the fact he's bottled it in some big fixtures, which goes back to his mindset. We as fans tend to remember the important games and don't forgive too easily when watching a player fall apart. (ala Barcalona..)
Dzeko on the other hand.. Sooner we get rid the better, and I say that as somebody who's grateful for the part he's played since joining, I just don't see how he improves us anymore.

He's been head and shoulders Villa's best player for yonks know, and he's been one of England's best performers in the last few games he's played in. I wonder whether some of you actually watch these players play before you pass judgement on them.

Hope we pass on this guy despite the attraction of the fee - jeez when did £10million become cheap? Never liked him since he made some poor comments about us when choosing Villa rather than coming to God's own club!

Even if there is such a release clause, does it automatically mean the club that triggers it gets him for £10m? Or does it spark off an auction among all interested clubs? I'm guessing the latter.
If it's a minimum fee release clause then there's be no use bidding any higher than the clause price.

He's been head and shoulders Villa's best player for yonks know, and he's been one of England's best performers in the last few games he's played in. I wonder whether some of you actually watch these players play before you pass judgement on them.

Villa finished 4th bottom, being the best of a bad bunch is hardly preparation for challenging for the league and cups

I have watched him and don't think he's good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.