Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph could end up joining Manchester City... for just £8m
England international could may leave for as little as £8 million despite signing new four-and-a-half year deal in January

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...f-joining-Manchester-City...-for-just-8m.html

Fabian Delph can leave Aston Villa for just £8 million this summer after the club agreed a remarkable release clause in his new contract.

Villa are facing the prospect of losing Delph for a minimal fee withManchester City understood to be stepping up their interest in the England international.

Delph signed a four-and-a-half year deal in January, with his previous contract running out at the end of the season, but there was a clause inserted that allows interested clubs to take him for an surprisingly low price ahead of the next campaign. The clause is understood to only apply to teams competing in European competition.

The midfielder is on City's list of targets while he could now be added to other Premier League clubs' priorities after nailing down a regular place in Roy Hodgson's England squad.
It is believed that Delph agreed the compromise with Villa chairman Randy Lerner during negotiations over his new contract, with both parties accepting a humble buy-out clause.

Lerner is expected to sever his ties with Villa this summer, with a party being granted an exclusivity agreement, and Delph could also depart before the new Premier League season.
Tim Sherwood, the Villa manager, is working on new signings and considering a £7m bid for Feyenoord playmaker Jordy Clasie.

Southampton are also targeting Clasie, 24, but Sherwood is ‎preparing an offer for the Holland international.

Villa have signed former Manchester City defender Micah Richards on a free transfer so far since the end of last season.
One of the other media sources (Sky?) were claiming that the £10mill was wrong and it's way more than that. Don't you just love the media.

One of the other media sources (Sky?) were claiming that the £10mill was wrong and it's way more than that. Don't you just love the media.

Hi ColinLee.....I agree mate! I'm sure the press just make these things up as they go a long!;) it will be a 30mil release clause by tomorrow morning! ;)

Was addressing the issue of the need for hg players. This thread wasn't started as a we need Delph or we need a cm was it? I'm not even sure what the last bit of your post is about?
You were the one stating that we should go for a full back (Clyne) instead of a midfielder (Delph).To show how stupid your post was it was like me comparing a goalie to a goalscorer.So you would buy any type of home grown players at the expense of needing them in areas we looked very vulnerable in last season.

Meh mixed feeling, personally would prefer that Charles Aranguiz who looks a real top class talent. Although obviously Delph helps with HG quota bullshit.

Surely cant be the only midfield signing we make as there isn't a chance he would push us on to that next level like Pogba would. Hopefully the end of Fernando though.

Meh mixed feeling, personally would prefer that Charles Aranguiz who looks a real top class talent. Although obviously Delph helps with HG quota bullshit.

Surely cant be the only midfield signing we make as there isn't a chance he would push us on to that next level like Pogba would. Hopefully the end of Fernando though.

I think if we sign Delph then it presumably spells the end for Fernando. Even if we don't get Pogba we'll surely be in for another top midfielder. There's no way Delph is a back up plan for Pogba, and I can't see us starting the season with five centre mids, as I don't think Fernandinho or Toure are going anywhere.

I would prefer one of the EDS players to play in the carling cup

What if, say, we have a couple of injuries and a game at one of our title rivals looming. Would you prefer an EDS player then, or a full England international?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.