Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, if Delph turns out. To be our marquee signing of this summer's window, I, just like most genuine City fans on here, will feel mightily p*ssed off. If, on the other hand, he's merely seen as a reasonably priced squad player, (Younger than "Jimmy" and with a lot more attributes to his game than Fernando). I can't see a problem.

A current H.G. England international for 8 million. I'd snap their hands off.

If the Rags had done this, the media would, no doubt, be proclaiming Woodwood a football genius, for having the foresight to pull off
"the most sensational coup in football history," while other football club C.E.0.'s were on holiday, lazily scratching their arses, (No names, no pack drill) and clamouring for him to be knighted at the earliest opportunity.

As it's us, however, I've no doubt that usual pro-rag drivel will prevail., "Ruin his career"..... "No help to the England national team... Etc.

Well you can stick international football up youre ar*e, as far as I'm concerned.

Due to the immense progress we've made, as a club, over the last 7 years, and the type of quality player we're now looking to buy, (And long may it continue) I know this isn't ever gonna happen, but It wouldn't bother me if none of our players ever played for their countries again.

The only thing I'm concerned about every time these "BLOODY INTERNATIONAL FORTNIGHTS" are foisted upon us, is that all the City lads, that were called up, return home, from which ever god forsaken corner of the globe they were packed off to, safe,well, and free from injury.

I genuinely think that Delph, though admittedly no NDJ or Pogba, is a major upgrade on Fernando. (Both in terms of reading a game and having the ability to put in a decent tackle).

At worst, If the Pogba deal goes tits up (Even if no "more credible" alternatives are brought in) it will allow us to to use Yaya, in his more effective attacking, advanced midfield role a lot more this season, without fearing the consequences quite so much, should he be dispossessed.

Last edited:
I genuinely think that Delph, though admittedly no NDJ or Pogba,is a major upgrade on Fernando. (Both in terms of reading a game and having the ability to put in a decent tackle).

At worst, If the Pogba deal goes tits up (Even if no "more credible" alternatives are brought in) it will allow us to to use Yaya, in his more effective attacking, advanced midfield role a lot more this season, without fearing the consequences quite so much, should he be dispossessed.

Agree with this 100%

Don't get me wrong, if Delph turns out. To be our marquee signing of this summer's window, I, just like most genuine City fans on here, will feel mightily p*ssed off. If, on the other hand, he's merely seen as a reasonably priced squad player, (Younger than "Jimmy" and with a lot more attributes to his game than Fernando). I can't see a problem.

A current H.G. England international for 8 million. I'd snap their hands off.

If the Rags had done this, the media would, no doubt, be proclaiming Woodwood a football genius, for having the foresight to pull off
"the most sensational coup in football history," while other football club C.E.0.'s were on holiday, lazily scratching their arses, (No names, no pack drill) and clamouring for him to be knighted at the earliest opportunity.

As it's us, however, I've no doubt that usual pro-rag drivel will prevail., "Ruin his career"..... "No help to the England national team... Etc.

Well you can stick international football up youre ar*e, as far as I'm concerned.

Due to the immense progress we've made, as a club, over the last 7 years, and the type of quality player we're now looking to buy, (And long may it continue) I know this isn't ever gonna happen, but It wouldn't bother me if none of our players ever played for their countries again.

The only thing I'm concerned about every time these "BLOODY INTERNATIONAL FORTNIGHTS" are foisted upon us, is that all the City lads, that were called up, return home, from which ever god forsaken corner of the globe they were packed off to, safe,well, and free from injury.

I genuinely think that Delph, though admittedly no NDJ or Pogba, is a major upgrade on Fernando. (Both in terms of reading a game and having the ability to put in a decent tackle).

I'm with you, I think its a decent deal for the club considering the transfer fee and wages involved. I have been told this is already a done deal from someone who is well placed to know, guess we'll see in the coming days.

I'm with you, I think its a decent deal for the club considering the transfer fee and wages involved. I have been told this is already a done deal from someone who is well placed to know, guess we'll see in the coming days.
You should ask them about the big 3 too ;-)

Despite never looking like he's running, he covered more ground than any other player at the U21 Euros. I have no idea how either, as it certainly doesn't look like he is
Over a longer distance he's alright, but do the nippy running needed to cover for Yaya? Not a hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.