Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more impressive considering the difference in style of play, city often spending a lot of the game passing the ball around the defense where as villa was typically the underdogs fighting for points.

On his England Debut it was 97%. Against Italy 88%. Seems to be very high for England in general, not especially creative but not wasteful.

Basically he'd just do what he was told to do, & if that includes keeping the ball, he has absolutely no problem doing that.

Can Delph get the ball back - that's what we need in midfield. Fernando can't seem to stop himself from fouling and that's pointless. Fernandinho is often the same (used to be great at it).

He can make simple passes afterwards. Just get the ball back or coral the opposition somewhere harmless. Needs energy and timing.

Delph's pass completion rate for last season in the Premier League is very similar to David Silva, better than Lampard & Milner & the same as City's. He does that playing for Aston Villa who have a lower pass success rate than City.
Doesn't take into consideration the times he loses possession through brainless dribbling straight into an opposition player or the times he traps the ball 10 yards away.

Doesn't take into consideration the times he loses possession through brainless dribbling straight into an opposition player or the times he traps the ball 10 yards away.

Everyone loses the ball through doing something wrong, doesn't matter which particular reason. Delph is not bad in possession.

Facts are facts. He's no worse at losing the ball than a typical City player, & that is when playing for Aston Villa. For England, his pass success rate appears to be better, & no doubt it would be better still in City's team, by some distance I should imagine.

Everyone loses the ball through doing something wrong, doesn't matter which particular reason. Delph is not bad in possession.

Facts are facts. He's no worse at losing the ball than a typical City player, & that is when playing for Aston Villa. For England, his pass success rate appears to be better, & no doubt it would be better still in City's team, by some distance I should imagine.
I'd disagree to a certain degree I think Delph does lose the ball more than our other players. But it is where he is losing it. He rarely loses it in a bad area and 9 times out of 10 he's taking risks to create goal scoring opportunities circa January 2015. I think he good be a good buy for us with the 3 we have there that rarely give the ball away they may rub off on Delph and help his game.

I'd disagree to a certain degree I think Delph does lose the ball more than our other players. But it is where he is losing it. He rarely loses it in a bad area and 9 times out of 10 he's taking risks to create goal scoring opportunities circa January 2015. I think he good be a good buy for us with the 3 we have there that rarely give the ball away they may rub off on Delph and help his game.

But he doesn't lose the ball more than our other players. Not an opinion, just the fact. As I've said. More than people like Yaya & Nasri yes, roughly the same as Silva, & less than Lampard & Milner. Same pass success rate as our team, but he does it playing in Villa's team.

But he doesn't lose the ball more than our other players. Not an opinion, just the fact. As I've said. More than people like Yaya & Nasri yes, roughly the same as Silva, & less than Lampard & Milner. Same pass success rate as our team, but he does it playing in Villa's team.
Yeah fair one I'm a little surprised how he's come on the last 18 months. A Villa mate of mine and I watching Villa V Bradford in the pub when they got beat in the Semi and without a shadow of a doubt he was the worst player on the pitch. Amazing and surprising transformation of form since then. On current form I wouldn't mind the player.

I'm surprised that Lampard loses the ball more too.

Not good enough in my opinion. Yes he does ok in a very poor Villa side, but is he any better than fernandinho? I'd say not at all and from what i've seen of him would struggle to make any impact on our side.

Yeah fair one I'm a little surprised how he's come on the last 18 months. A Villa mate of mine and I watching Villa V Bradford in the pub when they got beat in the Semi and without a shadow of a doubt he was the worst player on the pitch. Amazing and surprising transformation of form since then. On current form I wouldn't mind the player.

I'm surprised that Lampard loses the ball more too.
Same coach as Mo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.