Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll respond.

Silva - courted by us and scum, amongst others, we get him for £43mil.
Fabinho - looks like he's off to scum for £40mil, Juve also interested.
Mendy - most top clubs in Europe in for him, looks like we've got him, £40mil
Bakayoko - looks like off to Chelsea for £40mil
Mbappe - we are interetesed, looks favourite to go to Madrid in world record deal.
Sidibe - plenty of big clubs keen.

But I know, let's go with the theory that they aren't that good.....

Southamptonblue or all top clubs in Europe, tough call, lmao

Got to feel sorry for Monaco if that is the case. Their squad would be pretty much gutted and they'd have to start again. Similar looks likely with Benfica to some degree. I guess the problem is that it's very difficult to get players away from the top English clubs due to their wealth. Same with players at Real, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus and Bayern, which means those clubs just under that level or aren't as wealthy are going to get plundered.

Got to feel sorry for Monaco if that is the case. Their squad would be pretty much gutted and they'd have to start again. Similar looks likely with Benfica to some degree. I guess the problem is that it's very difficult to get players away from the top English clubs due to their wealth. Same with players at Real, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus and Bayern, which means those clubs just under that level or aren't as wealthy are going to get plundered.

Clubs like Monaco and Benfica are used to it, whenever they have good seasons they sell all of their key players and rack in some serious money, and after that they start all over with a combination of clever signings and top shelf academy products coming through. Porto used to be the masters of this, the profit they've made off of transfers the past 10 years is outrageous, but they haven't produced much good talent the past two seasons.

Ok, I'll respond.

Silva - courted by us and scum, amongst others, we get him for £43mil.
Fabinho - looks like he's off to scum for £40mil, Juve also interested.
Mendy - most top clubs in Europe in for him, looks like we've got him, £40mil
Bakayoko - looks like off to Chelsea for £40mil
Mbappe - we are interetesed, looks favourite to go to Madrid in world record deal.
Sidibe - plenty of big clubs keen.

But I know, let's go with the theory that they aren't that good.....

Southamptonblue or all top clubs in Europe, tough call, lmao

That's not all of the team. Neither do high fees translate to someone being very good.

All those players have been undoubtedly very good this season but it does not necessarily mean they will be very good next season or in several years time. Fees and popularity has not always transferred to success.

The only player I am not keen on in that list is Sidibe. I thought he was poor in the first leg against us.

Anyway, when it comes to identifying potential/predicting career trajectory, I have been wrong more often than I have been right. In fact, I have been wrong most of the time ;)

That's not all of the team. Neither do high fees translate to someone being very good.

All those players have been undoubtedly very good this season but it does not necessarily mean they will be very good next season or in several years time. Fees and popularity has not always transferred to success.

The only player I am not keen on in that list is Sidibe. I thought he was poor in the first leg against us.

Anyway, when it comes to identifying potential/predicting career trajectory, I have been wrong more often than I have been right. In fact, I have been wrong most of the time ;)
It's cool mate, I was only being awkward last night, lol.

As much as the fees though, it's the clubs who are in for them, consequently it's like saying all these major clubs haven't got good scouts! I know there are no guarantees but I think I'm safe on my original assumption with this one.

It's cool mate, I was only being awkward last night, lol.

As much as the fees though, it's the clubs who are in for them, consequently it's like saying all these major clubs haven't got good scouts! I know there are no guarantees but I think I'm safe on my original assumption with this one.

Fair enough, Blue :)

Fabinho was an interest, we were never really in for him
I repeat, the DM position is the most important in the team. If we do not buy the best young, pacy DM in the world to go with Fernandinho (& YaYa?) we will not succeed at anything like the level we should do next season. Of all the players we have been linked with Fabinho fits the bill. William Carvalho, although a good DM, does not have the pace to truly dominate in the Premier League.

Can we buy Fabinho just to p*ss the rags off even if we dont really want him :) Carvalho has a far superior passing ability imo and not as slow as some on here make out, plus under Pep Carvalho will be leaner, fitter and quicker than he's ever been!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.