Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read somewhere that Monaco actually loaned him from Rio Ave, they then made it permanent and slapped a £17.6Million buyout clause into his contract. Something about trying to emulate Porto by buying players young then selling them on for a greatly higher price.

So, in answer to your question I am pretty certain that's the release clause.

Hi sambacity4eva.....appreciate your reply mate!;).....should make talks very easy if we willing to trigger that release clause...thanks again!

Having two right backs over 30, bringing in a younger one makes sense.

Fabinho replacing Sagna looks like a good deal all round for me.

We'd need to offload Sagna for this deal to make sense, as we don't need 3 right backs, and certainly not 3 foreign right backs. Trying to send Sagna the other way in this deal would seem like a sensible plan. Monaco will need a right back, he's French so would fit in well, plus can't imagine Monte Carlo is a hard sell to a professional footballer! We'd have an issue wages wise, as Sagna is on a reported £80k a week, wages Monaco simply won't be looking to match. I suspect, if we do manage to get Sagna to head to Monaco, that City would need to contribute to his wages.
Wouldn't be difficult for them to meet his net salary (45k)

Sagna would have to go.. Did feel ofcourse he had limited chances last year.. Tbf.. But age isn't on his side

Come on city get this lad signed!! in my opinion he ticks all the boxes for what we need at the RB position... he is young, versatile, has champions league experience and comes at very affordable price.... In short he would be a fantastic acquisition and a worthy addition to the squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.