Fabio Coentrao [Merged]

Blu KB said:
Blue Elmo said:
24 million for a fullback , tbh not really proven had a fantastic world cup though . I am worried we are paying over the odds for these players i belive we should stop at 19 million that seems reasonable for a full back . I think the lescott money was stupid and with us getting a quality player like silva for a similar fee this kid must be worth around 15-19

I felt the same but City are going to spend the money whether we think it is good value or not. It's not our money so i say SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!

yeah but the thing is we dnt bring the money back in do we . We arent short of cash but id want us to be treated like any other club and pay normal fees for players. end of the day as long as we get them thts all tht matters but i dnt want us taken for mugs . And with these new fifa rules coming in best not to be mugged by clubs . But like you i feel we should spend spend spend just not overrated prices please ;) .

Just found this on a site i used to post on

<a class="postlink" href="http://mancityblues.com/index.php?topic=374.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mancityblues.com/index.php?topic=374.0</a>

All the way back to 2008 when i first picked up on his potential. City could have saved themselves a few £££'s

Blue Elmo said:
Blu KB said:
I felt the same but City are going to spend the money whether we think it is good value or not. It's not our money so i say SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!

yeah but the thing is we dnt bring the money back in do we . We arent short of cash but id want us to be treated like any other club and pay normal fees for players. end of the day as long as we get them thts all tht matters but i dnt want us taken for mugs . And with these new fifa rules coming in best not to be mugged by clubs . But like you i feel we should spend spend spend just not overrated prices please ;) .

That's the thing though, i don't think we will be treated like any other club again. City know they are playing a different ball game to other teams and clubs will squeeze every penny out of us.

I felt sick after we dished out 17m on Santa Cruz & 24m on Lescott, they were shocking amounts of cash...but before the new regulations come in i think we are better off splashing on players to achieve a squad capable of beating the best in Europe on a regular basis, then when we are not allowed to spend the owners cash anymore we should be in an excellent position to attract talent based on our standing.

ala Chelsea.

Ricster said:
Just found this on a site i used to post on

<a class="postlink" href="http://mancityblues.com/index.php?topic=374.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mancityblues.com/index.php?topic=374.0</a>

All the way back to 2008 when i first picked up on his potential. City could have saved themselves a few £££'s

I respect you ;)

I prefer Schennikov !

Blu KB said:
Blue Elmo said:

That's the thing though, i don't think we will be treated like any other club again. City know they are playing a different ball game to other teams and clubs will squeeze every penny out of us.

I felt sick after we dished out 17m on Santa Cruz & 24m on Lescott, they were shocking amounts of cash...but before the new regulations come in i think we are better off splashing on players to achieve a squad capable of beating the best in Europe on a regular basis, then when we are not allowed to spend the owners cash anymore we should be in an excellent position to attract talent based on our standing.

ala Chelsea.

this^^^^^^^^that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

end of the day though money is no longer an issue and even though i realise we will never be treated the same again , i just dnt want us paying over the odds . Like people say 50 million for dzeko or 24 million for an unproven fullback , just walk away there are better alternatives . Maybe pay high money if the player is the best in that position but as long as there are better alternatives there is no need to be held tro ransom. But all in all like i said before money is not an issue anymore and its up to the club to decide the fees but as long as the players play hard and graft for our beloved club then i dnt care how much we pay as long as they do their job to the best of their ability

As long as it's not Bridge in the starting 11 next season, that's a lot of improvement imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.