Fabio Coentrao [Merged]

Re: Coentrao

Excellent going forward but i think he would be too exposed at the back. That said, i'd see him in over Bridge.

i thought he did a good job defending. i a side that only conceded once against teams like spain, brazil, ivory coast. that takes a collective effort from everyone. he also did a good job defending the crosses coming in and hustling back when he was caught out of position.

I think he has been excellent defending and going forward,very pacy too,and good on the ball.

over the past few games this lad has been class. both at defending and going forward. he blocks crosses, put in a good challange, and is strong. He also has pace, skill, and a cross. the complete full back if you ask me. sign him up!

Would be a spiffin' signing but this is just another random link to flavour-of-the-month player via the media at this point.

He would be great. He has played in a defensive team, so his attacking hasn't been as evident, the fact that he has mostly been rated for his defensive contributions speaks volumes, when it's clear that his biggest strengths are going forward. Would love to have him owning our left side giving Silva the chance to stay in the middle and maybe have Johnson on the rigth.

There is no doubting whatsoever that this guy is class. None whatsoever. He has pace, good positional sense and gets down the flank to support an aattack. What's not to like?

He is going to cost someone an arm and a leg. Only about three clubs in Europe can probably offer the amount of cash that Benfica will demand. Others clubs would have to go down the cash and px route to pick him up.

The other player linked with is Kolarov. If either of these players arrived at Eastlands then I would be over the proverbial moon.

Note to Cooky: Well done with the Silva, Boateng and Y. Toure deals. Just two more players needed.

1. Coentrao/Kolarov.

2. A creative attacking midfielder of the Iniesta, Schweinsteiger, Xavi, Schneidjer type

Tez Tosterone said:
There is no doubting whatsoever that this guy is class. None whatsoever. He has pace, good positional sense and gets down the flank to support an aattack. What's not to like?

He is going to cost someone an arm and a leg. Only about three clubs in Europe can probably offer the amount of cash that Benfica will demand. Others clubs would have to go down the cash and px route to pick him up.

The other player linked with is Kolarov. If either of these players arrived at Eastlands then I would be over the proverbial moon.

Note to Cooky: Well done with the Silva, Boateng and Y. Toure deals. Just two more players needed.

1. Coentrao/Kolarov.

2. A creative attacking midfielder of the Iniesta, Schweinsteiger, Xavi, Schneidjer type

And what about our depth? What's behind Ade and Tevez up front, and AJ, Silva,Yaya,Barry in midfield?

Can we count on RSC? Vieira as backup for Yaya? Is it Ireland as backup for Silva? Will he accept that? Bellamy as our only real backup striker to depend on? There are some question about our depth. Depth at CB is very good though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6239224,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 24,00.html</a>

Coentrao happy to move on
Sought-after left-back will move if Benfica want to sell
By Francisco Acedo Last updated: 30th June 2010

Coentrao: Transfer speculation

...Portuguese full-back Fabio Coentrao says he will leave Benfica if the club want to sell him at the right price.

It is thought Bayern Munich and Manchester City have entered the race to sign the 22-year-old, but Benfica have rejected their offers, believed to be under 20million euros (£16.4m).

Juventus and Real Madrid are also believed to be interested in the player but Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira is holding out for the club's valuation of at least 30million euros (£24.6m).

But the player says if the club do finally receive an offer they are happy with, he would be happy to leave for pastures new.

Coentrao said: "I do not say many things about this subject. But if a bid is positive for the club, I will accept the exit.

"I am at a big club but is normal that I desire to improve like a professional."

In 2007, Benfica beat the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea to Coentrao's signature from Rio Ave.

He was signed as a winger but he has been a revelation since being played at left-back this season, making it into the national side and featuring at the World Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.