Fabio Coentrao [Merged]

Trigger said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6239224,00.html

Coentrao happy to move on
Sought-after left-back will move if Benfica want to sell
By Francisco Acedo Last updated: 30th June 2010

Coentrao: Transfer speculation

...Portuguese full-back Fabio Coentrao says he will leave Benfica if the club want to sell him at the right price.

It is thought Bayern Munich and Manchester City have entered the race to sign the 22-year-old, but Benfica have rejected their offers, believed to be under 20million euros (£16.4m).

Juventus and Real Madrid are also believed to be interested in the player but Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira is holding out for the club's valuation of at least 30million euros (£24.6m).

But the player says if the club do finally receive an offer they are happy with, he would be happy to leave for pastures new.

Coentrao said: "I do not say many things about this subject. But if a bid is positive for the club, I will accept the exit.

"I am at a big club but is normal that I desire to improve like a professional."

In 2007, Benfica beat the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea to Coentrao's signature from Rio Ave.

He was signed as a winger but he has been a revelation since being played at left-back this season, making it into the national side and featuring at the World Cup.

If we paid 24 mill for lescott then 24 mill for this guy is a good deal.

24 million for a fullback , tbh not really proven had a fantastic world cup though . I am worried we are paying over the odds for these players i belive we should stop at 19 million that seems reasonable for a full back . I think the lescott money was stupid and with us getting a quality player like silva for a similar fee this kid must be worth around 15-19

is a vincent van gough painting of sunflowers worth 70 million ??

to the person who wants it....yes..

I really hope we get this guy, watched several times last year and i think he's a top top player

Blue Elmo said:
24 million for a fullback , tbh not really proven had a fantastic world cup though . I am worried we are paying over the odds for these players i belive we should stop at 19 million that seems reasonable for a full back . I think the lescott money was stupid and with us getting a quality player like silva for a similar fee this kid must be worth around 15-19

I felt the same but City are going to spend the money whether we think it is good value or not. It's not our money so i say SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.