Fabregas Iniesta?

Re: Fabregas

spanishblue said:
Posted in good faith

The person that told me this is very very close to the club said he Iniesta has been our target for sometime.
I am not a betting man but if Fabregas leaves i will put a tenner on this happening
And why wouldn't he join City? it would blow your brains out

Because he's better than Fabregas and why would barcelona sell a player who makes them tick and is in the top 3 midfielders in the world, why would he leave a very successful barca team? I find this rumour abit unrealistic tbh.

spanishblue said:
Posted in good faith

The person that told me this is very very close to the club said he Iniesta has been our target for sometime.
I am not a betting man but if Fabregas leaves i will put a tenner on this happening

Well one doesn't have to provide evidence that he wouldn't join us because there is not one scrap of evidence that suggests that he would but...because he is currently a key member of possibly the best club team to ever grace football? Because he has come through their youth set up and probably has a huge emotional tie to them? Not suggesting that if he left Barcelona, he wouldn't consider us but seriously, why would he want to leave them at the moment?

The only time i would expect to see Iniesta at COMS is if we are drawn in the same CL group.

Muzzy said:
spanishblue said:
Posted in good faith

Because he's better than Fabregas and why would barcelona sell a player who makes them tick and is in the top 3 midfielders in the world, why would he leave a very successful barca team? I find this rumour abit unrealistic tbh.

NOT a rumour

spanishblue said:
Muzzy said:
spanishblue said:
Posted in good faith

NOT a rumour

To be fair, your initial post basically says that we would like to sign him. You know what, you're probably right...

Iniesta would not leave Barca for us. Top 3 player in the world playing for the top club in the world and with no reason to leave. We are not on the radar of that calibre of player, which is fair enough really.
The tranny, I believe, would at least consider it because of money and a new challenge, but something strikes me about Messi, Xavi and Iniesta that they have Barca running through them and will never leave.

spanishblue said:
I am not ITK but have been told by a very good source that Iniesta is our No1 target but it all depends on Fabregas.
And judging by the noises coming from the Emirates it could be on?

Hope it could be on sb! Is this coming from the City end or the Barca end? Just thought I'd ask given your username.

Pigeonho said:
Iniesta would not leave Barca for us. Top 3 player in the world playing for the top club in the world and with no reason to leave. We are not on the radar of that calibre of player, which is fair enough really.
The tranny, I believe, would at least consider it because of money and a new challenge, but something strikes me about Messi, Xavi and Iniesta that they have Barca running through them and will never leave.

Agree but perhaps from a really optimistic point of view maybe he'd consider a team abroad for a new challenge and sporting perspective before he finishes his career? Depends on what his motivations are at this time.

The only reason he would come to us is money....Like 90% of other players we sign.

Like it or not our profile and standing in world football is not big enough to attract players for the challenge alone.

This is why I think the Sanchez move will fail as too many much higher profile clubs are after him. We will have to pay silly wages to attract him.

Lancet Fluke said:
Why would Barcelona want to sell Iniesta and why would he want to leave them? This is surely a non-starter.

Because he is slightly injury prone! have a feeling he maybe too light weight for the premiership, initially! But then again Silva was ment to be.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.