Fabregas

Mancio said:
HellasLEAF said:
zero chance. why come here??

the two usual reasons : more money & more chances of trophy

I am pretty sure he will get plenty of money wherever he goes. There will be more chances to win trophies at Barce than there is here. At least in the short term anyway.

i cant see him coming here, i think its Barca or nothing. hope we get him though.

johnmc said:
Barca want Fabregas and Fabregas wants Barca. Not doubt about it. So Barca want to get him at a price that is realistic to them. Now if we get involved we can price Barca out of the market. If they offer £30m then Arsenal cannot accept that if we have offered £40m.

But there is nothing to stop Arsenal taking the £30m. I stand to be corrected but they can accept any offer they receive, not just the highest.

trumpton said:
johnmc said:
Barca want Fabregas and Fabregas wants Barca. Not doubt about it. So Barca want to get him at a price that is realistic to them. Now if we get involved we can price Barca out of the market. If they offer £30m then Arsenal cannot accept that if we have offered £40m.

But there is nothing to stop Arsenal taking the £30m. I stand to be corrected but they can accept any offer they receive, not just the highest.

They could - but why would they. Do they care where he goes if it stood to make them an additional 25% than anyone else is offering. You have to be accountable to your shareholders and how would you explain refusing £10m??

bobmcfc said:
didn't arsenal turn down 35m from barca last summer ?

1 year further through his contract, not the best of seasons, Arsenal may be more willing to sell as now cant keep hold of an uphappy player, Wilshere a year further along, Ramsey back, maybe identified another player to replace him with, different market factors all over the show

SamTheGuru said:
Mancio said:
HellasLEAF said:
zero chance. why come here??

the two usual reasons : more money & more chances of trophy

I am pretty sure he will get plenty of money wherever he goes. There will be more chances to win trophies at Barce than there is here. At least in the short term anyway.

True enough - but who's place would he take?
If Fabregas goes to Barca he'll most probably be a bench warmer for a while.
Not saying he'd come to us, but would he be happy with that?

johnmc said:
bobmcfc said:
didn't arsenal turn down 35m from barca last summer ?

1 year further through his contract, not the best of seasons, Arsenal may be more willing to sell as now cant keep hold of an uphappy player, Wilshere a year further along, Ramsey back, maybe identified another player to replace him with, different market factors all over the show

agreed. I think he stayed his one last year with Arsenal as per private negotiations with Wenger. I'd be really surprised if he stays on another year and it's sold to Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.