Factual Old-school City Myths that are untrue

True. He did not break his neck.

Are you absolutely sure about that Gary?

My understanding is that he dislocated five vertebrae.
Four were intact but one (the second vertebrae) was cracked.

The injury wasn't diagnosed correctly at the time and the full extent wasn't revealed until he
had an X-Ray at Manchester Royal a few days later. So both a dislocation and a break.

At least that's the version of the story that I've heard.

Paul Walsh was really great when he was swapped for Gerry Creaney. From all MCIVTA reports at the time he had completely lost it.

We didn't really take around 70,000 to see York away - but it felt like it and of god's sake don't let the Chav's know.

Re. Dave Watson not wanting to move - do you guys know Dave or are your comments based on something published at the time or since? I would be interested to hear as I am particularly interested in that summer of 79 - probably more out of nostalgia than anything. He was the best defender around at the time and Werder Bremen seemed an odd club to join, and for a fairly small fee. What was all that about? He would have been ideal for bringing Tommy Caton along to the player he could have become.

Re. Dave Watson not wanting to move - do you guys know Dave or are your comments based on something published at the time or since? I would be interested to hear as I am particularly interested in that summer of 79 - probably more out of nostalgia than anything. He was the best defender around at the time and Werder Bremen seemed an odd club to join, and for a fairly small fee. What was all that about? He would have been ideal for bringing Tommy Caton along to the player he could have become.
Yes - I did an Indepth interview with him a couple of years ago. It was published in the mcfc match prog as part of my series of interviews with former players, managers, celebrity fans, fans and others with a story to tell about the club. If all goes to plan the series will continue this year.

I've also interviewed Corrigan, Owen, Caton, Clements, Barnes, Allison, Swales, Book and others about this period. All say same thing about Allison's return (except Allison of course!).

I always understood Nicky Butt always wore a long sleeved shirt because he had a City tattoo on his forearm. If he eventually wore a short sleeved one then it was because he'd had the tattoo removed. True?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.