Failed Drug Tests - Rio F Interview reference MCFC

Man_City_Loyal

Right, not quite sure where to post this as it's to do with Ferdinand, but its also a query relating to what he said about CIty.

Recently he appeared on Peter Crouch's podcast (Part 1 of 2)

Started off with his early career and leading up to his early days with United and THAT ban.

He explains what happened, what he was doing at the time and what he tried to do to ensure he did the test.

I've seen on a post on here from 2022 that Ferdinand fled Carrington after having a lift off Eyal Berkovic (I'm sure this is a joke)

However, in the interview, he states that a Man City player weeks before had failed a test for similar circumstances. But claims they didn't receive the punishment that Ferdinand did.

Was anything said about who the City player was? Genuinely first time I have ever heard of a City player failing a drugs test at the same time.

For reference, I have included the chat on youtube, Can't confirm the time stamp but It's a good listen.

Christian Negouai

Right, not quite sure where to post this as it's to do with Ferdinand, but its also a query relating to what he said about CIty.

Recently he appeared on Peter Crouch's podcast (Part 1 of 2)

Started off with his early career and leading up to his early days with United and THAT ban.

He explains what happened, what he was doing at the time and what he tried to do to ensure he did the test.

I've seen on a post on here from 2022 that Ferdinand fled Carrington after having a lift off Eyal Berkovic (I'm sure this is a joke)

However, in the interview, he states that a Man City player weeks before had failed a test for similar circumstances. But claims they didn't receive the punishment that Ferdinand did.

Was anything said about who the City player was? Genuinely first time I have ever heard of a City player failing a drugs test at the same time.

For reference, I have included the chat on youtube, Can't confirm the time stamp but It's a good listen.

It was Christian Negoiu (spelling ) should have banned him. He was shite

And I'm sure that all other aspects of the two cases were identical to result in his 8 month ban compared to a £2000 fine..... He was just punished because he was such an amazing player.

From memory it was Christian Negouai.
I think he just pleaded Guilty, (with mitigation surrounding the language barrier and collecting his mother from the Airport) whereas Ferdinand''s Lawyers were looking for a loophole.

I'm also fairly certain that Ferdinand had been reminded 2-3 times about his drugs test, but then cited amnesia.

From memory it was Christian Negouai, but the circumstances were different, not only because the City player couldn't speak English, but there also an was issue with getting him to the drugs centre on time after meeting his mother at the Airport.
I think he just pleaded Guilty, whereas Ferdinand''s Lawyers were looking for a loophole.
That’s how I remember it too. Negouai had a plausible explanation which could be backed up. For all the banter about Ferdinand escaping through a bog house window when the testers turned up (no idea if that’s true or not), I’m guessing he couldn’t come up with a decent enough reason for missing his test.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.