Failed to Deliver

trublue55

In my opinion and i suspect many City supporters, Cook, Hughes etc have failed to deliver in this window, and i believe ultimately our owners will feel the same, and barring a (now totally unexpected) charge up the table for Eufa qualification, i believe their days are numbered.

I (genuinely) accept, that they are the experts, and we are merely fans, but to us, many of City`s shortcomings have been apparent for too long. I accept we have strengthened in some of these areas, Experienced keeper, left back, defensive midfielder etc, but despite our high goal tally from 15/16 different players, it is obvious that our midgets stand very little chance of breaking down a defence packed with giants.

Its a sweeping generalisation, (only missed Hull at home, cos of travelling distance) but when was the last time we scored with a header, or from a corner, or indeed a free-kick, (excluding a direct shot). We are so obviously lacking a strong physical presence up front.

Signing Robbie, was a "statement of intent", this window shows that we are struggling to carry out those intentions. I accept Kaka was too much, too soon, i`m quite happy that at the end of the day, we weren`t prepared to meet the extortionate demands re RSC, I accept that some clubs (prob most) dont want to sell their best players in January. I`m happy that we dont buy "just for the sake of it" and will only buy if the incoming player(s) are better than what we already have.

What i do NOT accept, is that no club was prepared to sell a £30/40 million player, who WAS prepared to come to us, and who WOULD improve us substantially in the areas we are so obviously lacking. Sure we came into money, very late on in August, but we should have been working on, and achieving our transfer targets, long before this last day rush. As was mentioned weeks ago, Real Madrid sorted most of their business before the window opened. The moment we signed Robbie, any price we were going to have to pay for future signings was going to be increased. But having blasted the opposition out of the water with our "statement signing" we should have realised that, and been prepared to pay the "City premium" that we had created, and done our business early. £100 million signings were not going to happen in this window, although i believe we were close, but a couple of £30/40 million could have worked wonders

Our signings will improve things slighly, but we dont need a slight improvement, we need a substantial improvement, dont forget we were in the bottom 3 not so long ago, and even now we are only 5 points away, and our remaining away fixtures are horrendous.

I think we are facing a long hard battle to salvage anything from this season, (only winning Eufa, or qualifying for next year will suffice) and honestly, my heart says yes, but my head says no chance, (not on current form)

I wont go on anymore, but after all the hope and optimism the takeover, SWP and Robbie, i feel so depressed at the lack of progress since then. Our consistency has been awful, and like many fans, i was pinning so much on this window providing the impetus to push on, and actually be a step nearer actually winning something, and after 2 humiliatingt cup defeats i honestly feel we are further away now, than we were in August!

If you made it to the end, thanks for reading

I feel your pain. I don't know whether MH will make it, but he has done little so far to convince me he's our man for the long term.

Losing to Stoke was a real kick in the teeth and has taken 6th spot out of our control. But you never know, Everton could slip up and we could come good so there is still hope.

The one player who can make all the difference for me is Petrov. We are different side with him playing and providing he can get his pace back, I think we can start to look more like the team that started so well last season and finish on a real high. Elano is starting to look like the Elano we signed back then as well.

i cant wait until we have petrov on one flank and sweep on the other, bombing down the line and pinging in crosses that bellamy watches fly over his head, whilst he wonders what it would be like to be 6'4, and robinho can float about feeding off all the imaginary knock-downs.

Rammyblues said:
It would be nice to get a penalty awarded as well now and again.

Yes, preferably one like MANUre got Saturday, one where the offence, if any, was committed OUTSIDE the penalty area. It's a miracle that some referees are not hanged, drawn and quartered by players and fans pushed beyond the limit of mortal endurance at the inept, crass and imcompetent fools running around with a whistle.

we've made progress in this window, some good signings. the problem is that having gone from a fancy-dan team who are a bit of a soft touch, on the evidence of stoke, we might have jumped to far the other way. what IS CONTINUING to wind me up is that we have played a system all season that was crying out for a target man, our last match made it even clearer to everybody who saw it, but we are effectively still in the same place as last window.... pinning our hopes on the mythical boj coming back and being all things to all men, or hoping that caicedo comes good.

bizzbo said:
but we are effectively still in the same place as last window.... pinning our hopes on the mythical boj coming back and being all things to all men, or hoping that caicedo comes good.

Not that Boj is that big. And god only knows if he's any good. We've only seen him kick the ball twice.

trublue55 said:
In my opinion and i suspect many City supporters, Cook, Hughes etc have failed to deliver in this window, and i believe ultimately our owners will feel the same, and barring a (now totally unexpected) charge up the table for Eufa qualification, i believe their days are numbered.

I (genuinely) accept, that they are the experts, and we are merely fans, but to us, many of City`s shortcomings have been apparent for too long. I accept we have strengthened in some of these areas, Experienced keeper, left back, defensive midfielder etc, but despite our high goal tally from 15/16 different players, it is obvious that our midgets stand very little chance of breaking down a defence packed with giants.

Its a sweeping generalisation, (only missed Hull at home, cos of travelling distance) but when was the last time we scored with a header, or from a corner, or indeed a free-kick, (excluding a direct shot). We are so obviously lacking a strong physical presence up front.

Signing Robbie, was a "statement of intent", this window shows that we are struggling to carry out those intentions. I accept Kaka was too much, too soon, i`m quite happy that at the end of the day, we weren`t prepared to meet the extortionate demands re RSC, I accept that some clubs (prob most) dont want to sell their best players in January. I`m happy that we dont buy "just for the sake of it" and will only buy if the incoming player(s) are better than what we already have.

What i do NOT accept, is that no club was prepared to sell a £30/40 million player, who WAS prepared to come to us, and who WOULD improve us substantially in the areas we are so obviously lacking. Sure we came into money, very late on in August, but we should have been working on, and achieving our transfer targets, long before this last day rush. As was mentioned weeks ago, Real Madrid sorted most of their business before the window opened. The moment we signed Robbie, any price we were going to have to pay for future signings was going to be increased. But having blasted the opposition out of the water with our "statement signing" we should have realised that, and been prepared to pay the "City premium" that we had created, and done our business early. £100 million signings were not going to happen in this window, although i believe we were close, but a couple of £30/40 million could have worked wonders

Our signings will improve things slighly, but we dont need a slight improvement, we need a substantial improvement, dont forget we were in the bottom 3 not so long ago, and even now we are only 5 points away, and our remaining away fixtures are horrendous.

I think we are facing a long hard battle to salvage anything from this season, (only winning Eufa, or qualifying for next year will suffice) and honestly, my heart says yes, but my head says no chance, (not on current form)

I wont go on anymore, but after all the hope and optimism the takeover, SWP and Robbie, i feel so depressed at the lack of progress since then. Our consistency has been awful, and like many fans, i was pinning so much on this window providing the impetus to push on, and actually be a step nearer actually winning something, and after 2 humiliatingt cup defeats i honestly feel we are further away now, than we were in August!

If you made it to the end, thanks for reading

see all that was gooooooooooood!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.