Failed to Deliver

mancity1 said:
Personally I feel he will have to change that style and be more flexible in all areas of management and player management in future if he is to progress up the ranks as such.

How true. I don't think he has realised this yet however and if and when he does, will it be too late (for him).

Rio Ferdinand is on record saying how Ferguson has had to moderate his style to better accommodate his flair players because the traditional hair-dryer treatment just wasn't working - in fact it was having a detrimental effect.

I do not want to see a team full of Paul Dickovs who arrive early, train hard, have drive and passion and will to win, but who are ultimately lacking in talent and will never win us anything. Neither am I advocating a team of primadonnas who don't turn up for training, swan off when they want to and mouth off to the press. But there has to be a happy medium. We need the flair players and we need them to be happy so that they can produce their best. It's not use having flair players who are hacked off and spend their time on the bench because the manager won't pick them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.