Failed to Deliver

foreverblue said:
General consensus from whom? You have just quoted figures that has been in the media who don't have a fucking clue what we paid. You will believe anything that supports the drivel that you post.

Ok,
so you dont believe the figures being banded about, so, irrespective of whatever the fees were, do you believe we paid the going rate, or the going "city rate" ?

If you believe the latter, it proves my point,
If you believe the former, you are deluded.!

anyway, ive better things to do, rather than argue with you all night. If you believe that this has been a good transfer window, and we have made the right signings, and not missed a trick, i sincerely hope you`re right.

Unfortunately, i honestly think you are wrong!

when was the last time we scored from a corner or set-piece? barring robbies against chelsea. one stato said a few years back, 60-70 percent of goals are scored from set-pieces or the knock down from the initial set-piece, if this is true, that's a lot of goal scoring chances we are missing out on. we never look like scoring from any corner!

Balti said:
Yeah shame that 'Instant Success' button aint working innit.

more realistically, first half of the season was such a roaring success, "don`t panic Mr. Mainwaring"

isgeorge said:
when was the last time we scored from a corner or set-piece? barring robbies against chelsea. one stato said a few years back, 60-70 percent of goals are scored from set-pieces or the knock down from the initial set-piece, if this is true, that's a lot of goal scoring chances we are missing out on. we never look like scoring from any corner!

So by your reckoning we should have over 100 league goals this season?

Excellent OP trublue. I know exactly how you feel.

I'd love to be looking upwards too, but for that you need progress and despite all the talk of a 'grand plan' , so far we have got nowhere.

trublue55 said:
ballinio said:
I would rather wait untill the summer & then sign a top notch striker, the very best in the world, lets not behave like spoilt brats eh .

Would be very happy if that were to happen, just dont think our signings this window, coupled with our apalling inconsistency, increases the realistic chances of that happening

City were inconsistent when they have had good sides. I remember a season of Lee, Marsh, Bell, Summerbee, Tueart etc etc... Lost one game at home 74/5 ..... but the away form was appalling. I can't believe some of the whingeing on here-ffs we have just spent £46M quid, and are second top scorers in the prem. It was the defence that needed shoring up. Everybodys favourite Dunne , who has been a liability for two years has now been replaced, the midfield has a tackle in it again. We have a new top class goalkeeper and a forward who wants to work. Some people on here have not seen enough shite. And as for the Stoke game we wouldn't have scored yet- but it happens, I remember Rags losing at Wolves (9/1) at home a couple of years ago. FFS support the club.

harry the plumber said:
isgeorge said:

So by your reckoning we should have over 100 league goals this season?

not my reckoning opta or something like that, 1 deflected goal from a free-kick is pretty poor for more than half a season's football. i will try and get the source and the stats.

Fair comments mate and I fully agree.

Ok the players we got in are alright, but none of them are really 'top four' quality.

Rather than the players we got, we should have got more like this -

Bridge, should have been Chiellini - I think we would have got him.
De Jong, should have been Cambiasso - Was more or less offered to us!
Bellamy, should have been someone with a better goalscoring record and age on their side, like Aguero.
Given - Fair enough.

I accept Bellamy has played well, and he does give his all, but if we were only going to sign ONE striker, id have preferred it to be someone else.

Blue4ever85 said:
Fair comments mate and I fully agree.

Ok the players we got in are alright, but none of them are really 'top four' quality.

Rather than the players we got, we should have got more like this -

Bridge, should have been Chiellini - I think we would have got him.
De Jong, should have been Cambiasso - Was more or less offered to us!
Bellamy, should have been someone with a better goalscoring record and age on their side, like Aguero.
Given - Fair enough.

I accept Bellamy has played well, and he does give his all, but if we were only going to sign ONE striker, id have preferred it to be someone else.

Fair comment , Hughes likes players he has worked with and more than likely know and can function well under his management style.

Personally I feel he will have to change that style and be more flexible in all areas of management and player management in future if he is to progress up the ranks as such.

I have to say managing City is not the easiest job in the world as the past 32 years have indicated but we are in a better position than we have ever been in the past and with the economic crisis likely to be upon us for a number of years to come we have an even better opportunity to tip the scales in our favour.

Its starts by ensuring our survival this season and building from that.

Yes most of us would have thought we could do much better than 28 points from 23 games myself included but lets get this season out of the way first and move on from there.

If we sure up our defensive frailties we should be ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.