Failed to Deliver

Chippy_boy said:
bizzbo said:
but we are effectively still in the same place as last window.... pinning our hopes on the mythical boj coming back and being all things to all men, or hoping that caicedo comes good.

Not that Boj is that big. And god only knows if he's any good. We've only seen him kick the ball twice.

Lets be more positive shall we...maybe mark hughes has seen how the Boj is progressing and knows deep down that he will be ok...He sees more of him than we do..
A fully fit Boj injury free is what we need.

I have held back from comment until everything was done and dusted. Now my views are as follows.

I have been pleased with the signings, i think they are a step up in the team quality. But i think we are one shy of being a real player in the Prem!

Plan A is very good, skilful forwards who on their day can carve open any defence. However Plan B is now gone without the arrival of a quality target man. Our plan B is Cakedough or Benji god help us!

It is just a shame that RSC was the only target man in world football at the moment, which limited our options!!!!!!!!

Never quite get it right do we? Jo out nobody in as replacement, Genius fucking Genius!!!

Some morons following City at the moment

We're not active on the last day of the transfer window, because we've already done our business.

And Given, De Jong, Bridge, Bellamy are top quality players who will take us to the level where we can more readily sign players like Kaka.

You wanted Kaka - well we tried. What more can you do.

if you supported a club like Everton, you'd be bowled over by the amount of monies invedt in the last 6 months

Ungrateful wretches. Go and support someone else

all fair enough, but one thing...

how often is it that the strikers for other clubs are the ones who actually score from corners and free kicks?

i agree about the oompah loompah factor we have at the moment. there aren't many other teams who have the personnel and setup to line up like stoke did.

the problem against stoke was that the flair players we have broke really slowly after a stoke attack, allowing them to get back and form their red and white wall.

with a bit of luck, now the transfer window is shut players can stop looking over their shoulders at who might be taking their place. i'm sure this has been happening to an extent.

Marvin said:
Some morons following City at the moment

We're not active on the last day of the transfer window, because we've already done our business.

And Given, De Jong, Bridge, Bellamy are top quality players who will take us to the level where we can more readily sign players like Kaka.

You wanted Kaka - well we tried. What more can you do.

if you supported a club like Everton, you'd be bowled over by the amount of monies invedt in the last 6 months

Ungrateful wretches. Go and support someone else

And in fairness Marvin, you could be one of those morons.
If you read the post it made some very good observations and comments.
We cant all be subserviant and agree that everything is rosy, nor can we say everything is shite.
Oh by the way maybe you should support Everton, theyve had fuck all money and doing a little better than us.

Good post, and to an extent I do agree, but I am not sure about a £30-40M striker who was both available and more importantly willing to come now. Out on interest who would you suggest we could have got ?.

At this price he must be good, that being the case he is almost certainly at a club already competing for honours, as such the selling club would not want to do business. Also our league position and form and not a good solid platform for us to appeal to this sort of player at the moment.

Yes we do need a big "target man" type of forward, hence the RSC bids, however, perhaps after many hours of scouting, enquiries etc this is a position that we cannot adequately fill until the summer. Maybe until then Boj could be the answer ??

trublue55 said:
In my opinion and i suspect many City supporters, Cook, Hughes etc have failed to deliver in this window, and i believe ultimately our owners will feel the same, and barring a (now totally unexpected) charge up the table for Eufa qualification, i believe their days are numbered.

I (genuinely) accept, that they are the experts, and we are merely fans, but to us, many of City`s shortcomings have been apparent for too long. I accept we have strengthened in some of these areas, Experienced keeper, left back, defensive midfielder etc, but despite our high goal tally from 15/16 different players, it is obvious that our midgets stand very little chance of breaking down a defence packed with giants.

Its a sweeping generalisation, (only missed Hull at home, cos of travelling distance) but when was the last time we scored with a header, or from a corner, or indeed a free-kick, (excluding a direct shot). We are so obviously lacking a strong physical presence up front.

Signing Robbie, was a "statement of intent", this window shows that we are struggling to carry out those intentions. I accept Kaka was too much, too soon, i`m quite happy that at the end of the day, we weren`t prepared to meet the extortionate demands re RSC, I accept that some clubs (prob most) dont want to sell their best players in January. I`m happy that we dont buy "just for the sake of it" and will only buy if the incoming player(s) are better than what we already have.

What i do NOT accept, is that no club was prepared to sell a £30/40 million player, who WAS prepared to come to us, and who WOULD improve us substantially in the areas we are so obviously lacking. Sure we came into money, very late on in August, but we should have been working on, and achieving our transfer targets, long before this last day rush. As was mentioned weeks ago, Real Madrid sorted most of their business before the window opened. The moment we signed Robbie, any price we were going to have to pay for future signings was going to be increased. But having blasted the opposition out of the water with our "statement signing" we should have realised that, and been prepared to pay the "City premium" that we had created, and done our business early. £100 million signings were not going to happen in this window, although i believe we were close, but a couple of £30/40 million could have worked wonders

Our signings will improve things slighly, but we dont need a slight improvement, we need a substantial improvement, dont forget we were in the bottom 3 not so long ago, and even now we are only 5 points away, and our remaining away fixtures are horrendous.

I think we are facing a long hard battle to salvage anything from this season, (only winning Eufa, or qualifying for next year will suffice) and honestly, my heart says yes, but my head says no chance, (not on current form)

I wont go on anymore, but after all the hope and optimism the takeover, SWP and Robbie, i feel so depressed at the lack of progress since then. Our consistency has been awful, and like many fans, i was pinning so much on this window providing the impetus to push on, and actually be a step nearer actually winning something, and after 2 humiliatingt cup defeats i honestly feel we are further away now, than we were in August!

If you made it to the end, thanks for reading

trublue55 said:
In my opinion and i suspect many City supporters, Cook, Hughes etc have failed to deliver in this window, and i believe ultimately our owners will feel the same, and barring a (now totally unexpected) charge up the table for Eufa qualification, i believe their days are numbered.

I (genuinely) accept, that they are the experts, and we are merely fans, but to us, many of City`s shortcomings have been apparent for too long. I accept we have strengthened in some of these areas, Experienced keeper, left back, defensive midfielder etc, but despite our high goal tally from 15/16 different players, it is obvious that our midgets stand very little chance of breaking down a defence packed with giants.

Its a sweeping generalisation, (only missed Hull at home, cos of travelling distance) but when was the last time we scored with a header, or from a corner, or indeed a free-kick, (excluding a direct shot). We are so obviously lacking a strong physical presence up front.

Signing Robbie, was a "statement of intent", this window shows that we are struggling to carry out those intentions. I accept Kaka was too much, too soon, i`m quite happy that at the end of the day, we weren`t prepared to meet the extortionate demands re RSC, I accept that some clubs (prob most) dont want to sell their best players in January. I`m happy that we dont buy "just for the sake of it" and will only buy if the incoming player(s) are better than what we already have.

What i do NOT accept, is that no club was prepared to sell a £30/40 million player, who WAS prepared to come to us, and who WOULD improve us substantially in the areas we are so obviously lacking. Sure we came into money, very late on in August, but we should have been working on, and achieving our transfer targets, long before this last day rush. As was mentioned weeks ago, Real Madrid sorted most of their business before the window opened. The moment we signed Robbie, any price we were going to have to pay for future signings was going to be increased. But having blasted the opposition out of the water with our "statement signing" we should have realised that, and been prepared to pay the "City premium" that we had created, and done our business early. £100 million signings were not going to happen in this window, although i believe we were close, but a couple of £30/40 million could have worked wonders

Our signings will improve things slighly, but we dont need a slight improvement, we need a substantial improvement, dont forget we were in the bottom 3 not so long ago, and even now we are only 5 points away, and our remaining away fixtures are horrendous.

I think we are facing a long hard battle to salvage anything from this season, (only winning Eufa, or qualifying for next year will suffice) and honestly, my heart says yes, but my head says no chance, (not on current form)

I wont go on anymore, but after all the hope and optimism the takeover, SWP and Robbie, i feel so depressed at the lack of progress since then. Our consistency has been awful, and like many fans, i was pinning so much on this window providing the impetus to push on, and actually be a step nearer actually winning something, and after 2 humiliatingt cup defeats i honestly feel we are further away now, than we were in August!

If you made it to the end, thanks for reading

good post

Signed 4 quality players, ore than anyone else.

Paid too much which probably used up most of Hughes' budget so it looks like there was never anybody coming after Given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.