Fairytale of New York

Fox is a sound bloke? Dear me. Utter shitstain of a person.

All the furore is so lol. Same types of people who were booting off about the Proms the other month. If The Pogues don't care either way then why should anyone else?

Radio edits have existed for decades. Listening to Absolute Radio at work today and they played American Idiot with the faggot lyric silenced. I'd be more surprised if a mainstream daytime radio station wasn't editing lyrics like that.

In the 1930s this bloke called William Coon invented this process for cheese making.
Hence the birth of Coon cheese in Australia.
This has been around since the 30's and is still on sale today, however next year they are rebranding it because people are offended by the name.
I know the name has racist and insulting undertones but it was named after William Coon.
I can't decide whether this is the correct thing to do.

Really does it matter? It's cheddar cheese, who seriously looks at the brand name for cheddar cheese unless it's the expensive fancy stuff?

If you do it's the brand logo that is recognised, I mean marathons and snickers still are packaged the same so if they keep the logo design bit change the name everyo e will still recognise the brand on the shelf.

I think Waterstones and co already do censor books by not carrying them if they or their customers find them offensive. You can't walk into your local book shop and pick up Mein Kampf.

You can though - it’s in their branch here in the Midlands and it’s on their web site. The fact it’s a shit read is more likely the fact that it’s not Always stocked

Fox is a sound bloke? Dear me. Utter shitstain of a person.

I have been wondering if this might have something to do with him being the relatively insignificant son of an illustrious and much more accomplished father.

His dad was mesmerising in the movie ‘Performance’, arguably one of the most seminal 70’s films.

Nothing he has done has come close to that. Plus, he has other acting relatives that he can be unfavourably compared to, like his uncle Edward.

So to compensate, he tries to make an impression through his fucking shitty music and by coming out with emotivist, stream-of-unconscious bollocks that plays well with a certain type of brain dead constituency.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.