Fairytale of New York

Is there? I've not read it, but I understand it's pretty atrociously written, but that has never stopped a bookshop from carrying something.

Lack of demand? Maybe, but there's enough edgy teenagers who do read it that you could probably justify shelf space for a copy.

I think that's just how modern western democracies censor stuff. It doesn't get banned or censored, but offensive art is just shoved to the margins, you have to go look for it if you want it.

And that essentially brings us back to music - if you want to hear the original Fairytale of New York, or N***** in Paris, or WAP instead of their censored versions, you just have to search it out, but you don't get it pumped into your car if you're just browsing the biggest public radio station.
You're increasingly talking good sense - are the meds strong? :-)

In the 1930s this bloke called William Coon invented this process for cheese making.
Hence the birth of Coon cheese in Australia.
This has been around since the 30's and is still on sale today, however next year they are rebranding it because people are offended by the name.
I know the name has racist and insulting undertones but it was named after William Coon.
I can't decide whether this is the correct thing to do.

Do you know 1930s this bloke cold William Coleman invented this processed for cheese making.
Hence the birth of coon cheese in Australia.
This has been around since the 30's under still on sale today whoever next chair they are rebranding it because people are offended by the name.
I want the name has racist und insulting undertones but it was named after William coon.
Perhaps a sensible solution, which could keep the cheese named after it's inventor, is to rename it 'Willy's Cheese'?

You can buy it on their website though.

Yeah I think that ties in pretty much with my point in the next post about how we don't ban stuff, just remove it from open view, shift it to the margins and if you want to consume media deemed offensive by the general consensus you just have to search it out.

If you want to read it then you can, but you're not going to be forced to see a big display advertising it while you're out buying a Christmas present in your local bookshop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.