Fairytale of New York

Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall?
It's the time that every Santa has a ball
Does he ride a red-nosed reindeer?
Does he turn up on his sleigh?
Do the fairies keep him sober for a day?

Horrible fucker that Santa, obviously pissed up most of the year and a hint he may be shagging one of his stags. Think he needs to be sacked, this unsavoury character has been drinking on the job, drink driving in possession of loads of gear and taking advantage of a reindeer who is also an alcoholic, the red nose gives it away.

Kids, Christmas is cancelled.
Edited for you

Yeah CRA had me raise an eyebrow tbf being married to an Asian and having lived in Asia and when young having alargw collection og HK cinema when the tag line first all asian film was flashed everywhere, but ubderstandadly a breakthrough in the US where Asians have been under representated and tbf it is something to celebrate in the US.

Thing is Asian American culture is vastly different to how we percieve Asians in the UK.

I agree but in the context of this song, the insult is being put in a a list of insults in what we are pecieved to see as rant, if anything it is in because it rhymes with maggot.
Or maggot is in because it rhymes with faggot!

Either way they could replace it with the line "Man U **** looks like Taggart..."

It's Irish for a lazy person, so they can take their offence on this one and fuck off. I'm offended that stupid **** McDermott couldn't be arsed to see what a word meant in Irish that was used by an Irish songwriter. If he wants to use Americanisms why doesn't he fucking emigrate there?

I knew that too, so if this dozy **** who is not an eighth Irish, or whatever the fuck I am, hasnt heard this word and doesn’t know what it means, how do you miss that being actually 100% Irish?

Another candidate for going round to his house and torching his car and house.

I take it he has been put right over there as to it’s actual meaning and not what the yanks use it to denote?

Cunts fuck up our language all the time. They can’t even spell. An example, Thru... that does my Fucking head in.

I don’t understand. The song is 30 years’ old and there has been some level of controversy around the lyrics for years. Why is he suddenly mentioning it now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.