Fairytale of New York

Whats all the uproar over a box of meatballs ?

hqdefault.jpg

I always took it to be referring to them.

A) they are Irish and fit with the artist
B) it's preceded by 'cheap, lousy' which is exactly what faggots are, shitty offcuts and offal.
C) it rhymes with maggot which is convenient

I don't for one second think Kirsty Maccoll is accusing Shane Magowan of homosexual tendancies.

Some people just like to be offended.

"You scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy... [slur]"

We all know the line.

We di9 and 99.9% 9r people would know it we know have have wrote it, confident they did in good faith.
Your lack of being able to writw the word shows you have a problem with the word both verbally and literally, bit also thay you.are and insult those possible offended by npt confronting th word

We di9 and 99.9% 9r people would know it we know have have wrote it, confident they did in good faith.
Your lack of being able to writw the word shows you have a problem with the word both verbally and literally, bit also thay you.are and insult those possible offended by npt confronting th word
Merry Christmas to you too, mate! Broken keyboard or a little too much tipple?

I always took it to be referring to them.

A) they are Irish and fit with the artist
B) it's preceded by 'cheap, lousy' which is exactly what faggots are, shitty offcuts and offal.
C) it rhymes with maggot which is convenient

I don't for one second think Kirsty Maccoll is accusing Shane Magowan of homosexual tendancies.

Some people just like to be offended.

They have a shit day if they can surf the net and find sod all about which to be offended - often on other people's behalf.

Where's this idea come from that we're only now having this debate because of social media when it's raged since at least the mid-1990s?

You can’t ban words because some **** will be offended. We would have no words left. I hate the term bad language, it’s just language. Some language may be innapropriate in certain gatherings, calling the priest a boring **** at mass, type of thing, but the fixation with demonising and sanitising spoken or written words, is a slippery road.

A slippery **** of a road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.