Fans at London away games

It's without doubt the stewarding - I was on the west side of the upper tier yesterday, where stewards were sitting in the aisle in order to try and prevent people from standing. We stood for the first twenty minutes or so, but it wasn't worth the aggro to bicker with the stewards, so we sat down.

Maybe the ones who were sitting had just stood crammed into the carriages of a train for 3 hours from Rugby to Euston and needed to sit down!! :-)

I was on the lower tier and the stewards came along a few times and sort of gestured for people to sit down, nobody took any notice but to be honest sitting in those seats would have contravened health and safety anyway I am sure. There wasn't room to sit properly because your knees were squashed against the seat in front. (I sat at half time having been one of the ones standing for said 3 hours!!)

The stewards on the lower tier were friendly and just let us get on with it. Only thing was that them standing in the aisles obstructed the view for a lot of fans anyway. A little lad across from me missed the first 4 of our goals because of them, his dad had asked specially for an aisle seat for him which is not much good if the stewards then get in the way!!

SS111 said:
Was stood on lower throughout, atmosphere was quality! Loved the were standing uppp, were sitting dowwnnn..
Same as you, we stood up all the way through. And yeah that song was funny, especially when there was one steward in front of everyone singing it, trying to get them to sit down. To be fair the stewards near us weren't bad. All they tried to do near us was keep the aisles clear and we were never once asked or told to sit down.

Also agree that you see different faces at London aways. I'm not surprised at this one as they were on sale for ages and you can't blame London based blues for taking their chance if they can get one. Bit annoying at games like Chelsea last year when they sold out like lightning.

Before we went to Craven Cottage a couple of years ago, I said to Mrs MB that there is a different set of City fans at London games. Lo and behold, the bloke in front of us pulled out a little light reading from his back pocket at half time - a copy of The Economist.
Maybe he was researching FFP or summat.

Eccles Blue said:
Maybe the ones who were sitting had just stood crammed into the carriages of a train for 3 hours from Rugby to Euston and needed to sit down!! :-)

I was on the lower tier and the stewards came along a few times and sort of gestured for people to sit down, nobody took any notice but to be honest sitting in those seats would have contravened health and safety anyway I am sure. There wasn't room to sit properly because your knees were squashed against the seat in front. (I sat at half time having been one of the ones standing for said 3 hours!!)

The stewards on the lower tier were friendly and just let us get on with it. Only thing was that them standing in the aisles obstructed the view for a lot of fans anyway. A little lad across from me missed the first 4 of our goals because of them, his dad had asked specially for an aisle seat for him which is not much good if the stewards then get in the way!!

worst train journey ever. over 1h 20 late. dont forget to send in your tickets with a complaint. definitely get a refund

i was top tier and had the usual prods in the back whinging at me to sit down

its an away game ffs

I stood up for the majority on the back row. Don't know whos seat it was, but cheers.

Plenty of tourists there today. The 'southern' blues aren't bad, but you tend to get a lot of father and young son combos at these games.

I didn't mention it too much in the blog, but it was great how 'this is how it feels to be City' caught on, and I thought 'billion in the bank' worked really well!

the thing is you can't have a mix, you either all stand or all sit and the stewards were not for having standing,they never do there. i was wanting to stand but the people behind me would not have been able to see.

you have to respect they too have paid 50 odd quid to see the game, all this bravdo of "its an away game" means nothing if you get thrown out, besides respecting other fans view on it.

its against the law (for now) get over it.

Great support yesterday of course - shame we can't sell out the full section on the bottom tier like we used to a few years back. I remember going to WHL about 4 or 5 years ago and we had the much larger area down below and everyone stood up through-out. I agree about us having a different set of fans for London games - even noticed one or two strange accents at Wembley the other week ie. yanks

Don't wish to seem like i'm criticising seeing as i wasn't there and i don't know if ESPN's sound is shocking but i thought we were quiet yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.