Fans at London away games

My name indicates my youthful support home and away following King Colin.
I'm now 60 and have been living down south for 30 years and not able to get to many games but I LOVE CITY with a passion.
managed to get a ticket as a BlueCard member and I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the upper tier and am so proud to be a blue.
City supporters are great fun, noisy and unique in my view. The support was fanatatic standing or sitting.

Ooooooh Edin Dzecko
Ooooooh Edin Dzecko

12 123 1234 51

We love you City we do
We love you City we do
We love you City we do
Ooh City we love you

Thanks for letting me share this.

totally agree,

been having a bit of a moan about over last day or two,

we were in upper tier row 17 ish stood first half then got moaned at to sit down by some blokes behind, so i met them halfway and sat on my seat, as for the singing, piss poor really, there were the lads on back row us and a small group to the left side which were trying our bast but a lot of our support were over 40 and not the sort of people who like getting up and singing, which i dont understand after a performance like that, also only did 3 poznans, i blame it on the price, £53 a ticket is a piss take really, hence we only took 1700.

we had a top day out and thats all that matters i suppose! hope fulham is a lot better thoguh.. nottingham blues..

Once the stewards make a few fans sit down or risk being thrown out, everyone has to follow suit. Cant expect them to sit down and have people in front blocking their view

notts blue said:
totally agree,

been having a bit of a moan about over last day or two,

we were in upper tier row 17 ish stood first half then got moaned at to sit down by some blokes behind, so i met them halfway and sat on my seat, as for the singing, piss poor really, there were the lads on back row us and a small group to the left side which were trying our bast but a lot of our support were over 40 and not the sort of people who like getting up and singing, which i dont understand after a performance like that, also only did 3 poznans, i blame it on the price, £53 a ticket is a piss take really, hence we only took 1700.

we had a top day out and thats all that matters i suppose! hope fulham is a lot better thoguh.. nottingham blues..

That's rather a broad generalisation isn't it? I am over 40 and was standing and singing along with the people in the lower tier, in fact the lower tier hardly stopped singing all the way through the match. The atmosphere there was fantastic!!

And I sing at every match home and away.

notts blue said:
a lot of our support were over 40 and not the sort of people who like getting up and singing,

Cheeky sod. Also, I managed the apparently impossible feat of singing while sat down in the upper tier so that I wasn't blocking anyone's view, unlike some ignorant tossers.

acton28 said:
There were seats, they only stab your calf when you celebrate...

1,2... 1,2,3... 1,2,3,4... 5,1

Jesus H Christ that happened to me at Bolton. Pair of idots went ballistic next to me for the first goal and I was knocked sideways right into the hinges at calf height. Still got the bruises. And I kept knocking them as I sidled past down the row too. Ouch!

This standing business is beyond me. Some of us stood for years, it wasnt that great to be honest. I remember times when it was really uncomfortable and times when I was quite scared. Standing up doesnt make you a passionate supporter, it just makes you get in other peoples way - watch the game, shout sing and enjoy.

Stand up if you love City ? You can still love City sitting down.

lancs blue said:
notts blue said:
a lot of our support were over 40 and not the sort of people who like getting up and singing,

Cheeky sod. Also, I managed the apparently impossible feat of singing while sat down in the upper tier so that I wasn't blocking anyone's view, unlike some ignorant tossers.
I'm 41 (you know, one of the generation who helped keep this club and support alive travelling to watch dismal defeats at rancid shitholes during the bad times) and somehow managed to sing my heart out on Sunday, up for every Poznan and bouncing and ballooning after every goal. While also being respectful of the even older blues behind me (they must have been 50 if they were a day, the senile bastards!).
I also had a paperback in my pocket to read on the trip home. Judgding by this thread, that makes me the poshest man in Longsight and by rights, I should have entered the away end wearing a top hat and carrying a cane like Lord Snooty.
Blues come in all shapes, sizes, ages, genders and backgrounds.
Ruining a little kid or a pensioner's day does not make you a 'proper blue'. It makes you an ignoramus.
Seems like some of the young uns want City fans killed off at 40, like a football version of Logan's Run or something.
(Note to younger blues: that's nothing to do with Shaleum but a film and TV series from the olden days. Google it.)

LongsightM13 said:
lancs blue said:
notts blue said:

I'm 41 (you know, one of the generation who helped keep this club and support alive travelling to watch dismal defeats at rancid shitholes during the bad times) and somehow managed to sing my heart out on Sunday, up for every Poznan and bouncing and ballooning after every goal. While also being respectful of the even older blues behind me (they must have been 50 if they were a day, the senile bastards!).
I also had a paperback in my pocket to read on the trip home. Judgding by this thread, that makes me the poshest man in Longsight and by rights, I should have entered the away end wearing a top hat and carrying a cane like Lord Snooty.
Blues come in all shapes, sizes, ages, genders and backgrounds.
Ruining a little kid or a pensioner's day does not make you a 'proper blue'. It makes you an ignoramus.
Seems like some of the young uns want City fans killed off at 40, like a football version of Logan's Run or something.
(Note to younger blues: that's nothing to do with Shaleum but a film and TV series from the olden days. Google it.)

Absolutely brilliant post LongsightM13. Love the humour you threw in as well. I usually carry my Kindle with me to away matches should I be wearing a tiara? :-)

At Spurs away in an FA Cup match.

We were getting beat and a third of the fans left at half time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.