Fans at London away games

I'm 52 in a couple of weeks and still poznan (when I don't get my manservant to do it for me). I can also read and hence often purchase reading material which may be carried into matches.
Was most annoyed when going to several Lille games in the 90's when they charged £3 to stand on their terraces in Ligue 2 ..... only to find tight Froggies paid their £3 and then sat on the terracing. Made damn sure I stood in front of as many as poss.

Eccles Blue said:
LongsightM13 said:
lancs blue said:
Cheeky sod. Also, I managed the apparently impossible feat of singing while sat down in the upper tier so that I wasn't blocking anyone's view, unlike some ignorant tossers.
I'm 41 (you know, one of the generation who helped keep this club and support alive travelling to watch dismal defeats at rancid shitholes during the bad times) and somehow managed to sing my heart out on Sunday, up for every Poznan and bouncing and ballooning after every goal. While also being respectful of the even older blues behind me (they must have been 50 if they were a day, the senile bastards!).
I also had a paperback in my pocket to read on the trip home. Judgding by this thread, that makes me the poshest man in Longsight and by rights, I should have entered the away end wearing a top hat and carrying a cane like Lord Snooty.
Blues come in all shapes, sizes, ages, genders and backgrounds.
Ruining a little kid or a pensioner's day does not make you a 'proper blue'. It makes you an ignoramus.
Seems like some of the young uns want City fans killed off at 40, like a football version of Logan's Run or something.
(Note to younger blues: that's nothing to do with Shaleum but a film and TV series from the olden days. Google it.)

Absolutely brilliant post LongsightM13. Love the humour you threw in as well. I usually carry my Kindle with me to away matches should I be wearing a tiara? :-)

LongsightM13 and Eccles Blue attracted some curious glances from the ruffian element outside the away Turnstiles at White Hart Lane on Sunday
14v7h92.jpg

lancs blue said:
notts blue said:
a lot of our support were over 40 and not the sort of people who like getting up and singing,

Cheeky sod. Also, I managed the apparently impossible feat of singing while sat down in the upper tier so that I wasn't blocking anyone's view, unlike some ignorant tossers.

"notts blue" is just being childish. I'm 68 and stood up all the match singing all the City songs except the bloody infantile United songs that the "younger" fans seem to want to sing. But don't forget Man. U. have had thier ticket allocation cut by about a thousand by Liverpool for persistant standing and aisle blocking. It also happened to us at Sunderland for the same reason. If the stewards are asking fans to sit down then it's best not to argue!!

LongsightM13 said:
lancs blue said:
notts blue said:
a lot of our support were over 40 and not the sort of people who like getting up and singing,

I'm 41 (you know, one of the generation who helped keep this club and support alive travelling to watch dismal defeats at rancid shitholes during the bad times) and somehow managed to sing my heart out on Sunday, up for every Poznan and bouncing and ballooning after every goal. While also being respectful of the even older blues behind me (they must have been 50 if they were a day, the senile bastards!).
I also had a paperback in my pocket to read on the trip home. Judgding by this thread, that makes me the poshest man in Longsight and by rights, I should have entered the away end wearing a top hat and carrying a cane like Lord Snooty.
Blues come in all shapes, sizes, ages, genders and backgrounds.
Ruining a little kid or a pensioner's day does not make you a 'proper blue'. It makes you an ignoramus.
Seems like some of the young uns want City fans killed off at 40, like a football version of Logan's Run or something.
(Note to younger blues: that's nothing to do with Shaleum but a film and TV series from the olden days. Google it.)

Yep, you're correct about City fans coming in all shapes and sizes. My comment about The Economist was not to say that City fans don't, or shouldn't, or can't read at football matches. It was to agree with the OP that we have different fans at London games, although obviously not all of them.
Can't say i've ever seen anyone reading that mag at a match before, but maybe there are people scattered all over the Etihad with their noses in it that I've not noticed.
Hope you enjoyed your book on the way home, standing or sittting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.