'Fans' giving blues a bad name

it was a lot worse at maine road almost every one used to sing it but the way some on here are going on you would think theres a gang of ultras running about, and if you think by starting a thread on the issue day in day out will help stamp it out im afraid you may find it has the opposite effect, only time will tell but i've only heard small out bursts of the song while at eastlands where as at maine road it was like having it in dolby surround sound, far too many people are jumping on the 50th year bandwagon yes it was something to be proud of on the day but did you really believe it would stay like that, good luck to you on trying but you may find you will die of old age waiting for it there are too many different attitudes and cultures for anyone to have an effect on the stands i mean we cant even decide if hughes is any good or not, yes it is in bad taste but its not the end of the world if it bothers you that much ask for them to build a utopia stand but i bet you will soon want to move back, mountain out of a mole hill.

Agree with you on all points mate except I'm sick to death of hearing about city fans complaining about other city fans singing about m**ich at Barnsley. It's literally been highlighted about 6 times since the game, all in different threads of some sort.

We all know what is right and wrong and the majority of fans are decent people but as in life you get a small minority who spoil it for the rest- please can we not keep highlighting it because before long people think it's the majority, and it really really is not! Too many f**king martyrs on here and there are far worse things going on in the world.

Please let us enjoy the good times that are clearly round the corner!

supergrover said:
it was a lot worse at maine road almost every one used to sing it but the way some on here are going on you would think theres a gang of ultras running about, and if you think by starting a thread on the issue day in day out will help stamp it out im afraid you may find it has the opposite effect, only time will tell but i've only heard small out bursts of the song while at eastlands where as at maine road it was like having it in dolby surround sound, far too many people are jumping on the 50th year bandwagon yes it was something to be proud of on the day but did you really believe it would stay like that, good luck to you on trying but you may find you will die of old age waiting for it there are too many different attitudes and cultures for anyone to have an effect on the stands i mean we cant even decide if hughes is any good or not, yes it is in bad taste but its not the end of the world if it bothers you that much ask for them to build a utopia stand but i bet you will soon want to move back, mountain out of a mole hill.

It is now politically correct to be outraged and offended by anything!

Ebglishman, Irishman and a Scottishman jokes now will have some people up in arms.

As a nation we are becoming soft, these same people dont want little jonny to lost at school sports day either.

It needs to stop imo

RobbieBrewer said:
Somud said:
It was the same with Bondhouse and the lads in the 1920s. Nothing has changed.

The "scuttler" gangs that inhabited the slums of Ardwick and Beswick during the early cotton era were renowned across the country as being "savages."
There are many reports of running battles through the streets with Salford boys....as you both say-not much has changed.

I'll say one thing though-Football gounds 20 years ago were far worse than today.We need to stop beating down our support over a few idiots who just happen to wear our shirt rather than some other clubs.

They don't represent me whatsoever.
But in all honesty-I'm also not such a hypocrite as to deny recognising a tiny bit of myself at times-twenty odd years ago when I didn't know any better.

Andrew Davies wrote a really good book called the Gangs of Manchester, specifically on the scuttler gangs of manchester and Salford. Though they rarely if ever, committed random acts of violence against anyone not involved in the inter area war.

It is annoying especally when its out own fans. But if you try to do anything you get get torrant of abuse.
All we can do is make sure our own kids are brought up the right way.

Hi,im wanting to put a post on here for a man city fan and dont know how, i read your post and thought i could just put my message on here as it is about an altercation between a man city fan and barnsley fans so here goes im from barnsley and im just wanting to post a note anywhere on here to a man city fan and hope the word gets round, right when barnsley played man city on 1st aug, after the match a man city fan ended up over my friends mums wall and knocked on her door due to an altercation near the train station with barnsley fans, the man city fan was really shook up, so my friends mum dropped him at the station (she is 80) she has asked me to put a message up because where he jumped the wall into her garden he dropped his watch and she would like to return it and also know if hes ok. I have phoned manchester city reception and gave the details as well as a contact number, so anyone out there know of any one losing a watch please contact reception at your club. would be nice to get the watch back to the fan, any information greatly recieved to k18tyy@hotmail.co.uk thanks

k18tyy said:
Hi,im wanting to put a post on here for a man city fan and dont know how, i read your post and thought i could just put my message on here as it is about an altercation between a man city fan and barnsley fans so here goes im from barnsley and im just wanting to post a note anywhere on here to a man city fan and hope the word gets round, right when barnsley played man city on 1st aug, after the match a man city fan ended up over my friends mums wall and knocked on her door due to an altercation near the train station with barnsley fans, the man city fan was really shook up, so my friends mum dropped him at the station (she is 80) she has asked me to put a message up because where he jumped the wall into her garden he dropped his watch and she would like to return it and also know if hes ok. I have phoned manchester city reception and gave the details as well as a contact number, so anyone out there know of any one losing a watch please contact reception at your club. would be nice to get the watch back to the fan, any information greatly recieved to k18tyy@hotmail.co.uk thanks

A big thanks for your efforts.

It's not me by the way lol

k18tyy said:

What lovely people you and your friends mum are! Unless your masquerading as an innocent bystander when really your the Barnsley hoodlums that jumped the city fan and want to kill the one who got away.

No only joking that's a very kind deed you are doing.

Pmsl@bystander im scared of me own shadow lol, but do hope you lot can put the word out coz i phoned your club and they said they will make a note but not put owt in the shop window or owt which would prob be a good idea.

Thanks anyway
Kate

k18tyy said:
Pmsl@bystander im scared of me own shadow lol, but do hope you lot can put the word out coz i phoned your club and they said they will make a note but not put owt in the shop window or owt which would prob be a good idea.

Thanks anyway
Kate

On second thought if its a Patek Phillipe (sp) its mine!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.