Fans leaving early.

DTKOAG said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
totallywired said:
Why don`t we appoint a stand leader for each part of the ground. Then, at 85 mins, if you want to leave you have to put your hand up and ask the stand leader if you can go. hIs/her decision is final. You will then have your photo taken and posted on the forum.

I would volunteer, but I'm halfway down Grey Mare Lane by then, along with the other plastics, listening to the last quarter of an hour on the radio.
Could you imagine fetlocks being in charge of a stand.
Everyone would be shit scared of talking or moving
He doesn't frighten me, mate ;-)

dobobobo said:
totallywired said:
Why don`t we appoint a stand leader for each part of the ground. Then, at 85 mins, if you want to leave you have to put your hand up and ask the stand leader if you can go. hIs/her decision is final. You will then have your photo taken and posted on the forum.

Excellent idea!

Also, as you leave, you will have to get a slap across the head from every fan you pass. If you sit towards the end of the row you have to go the other way. If you pass a kid, he/she has the right to hit you in the balls. If you are on a row with no kids, then the stand leader's apprentice will hit you in the balls. (Women and kids are exempt from being hit, however, tutting is advised.)

-- Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:24 pm --

Shaelumstash said:
jknight said:
For me if the team are winning 7-0 and the match is a foregone conclusion don't we (as fans) have some obligation to clap the team off for not only entertaining us but putting in a shift. After all when you go to the theatre (ok for me not often) you spend time at the end of the show applauding the cast. Imagine if the curtain went up to see half the audience had left?
If you've paid your money of course it's your choice but personally I don't get it and I don't agree with doing it. It's the sort of thing I associate with Rag day trippers

Staying to the very end no matter what is something I associate with day trippers more than leaving early.

Most of the people I know who leave early have been to hundreds of games over the years, and they know when a game is over. Going to football is a routine part of their everyday life, it's not a special occasion that you want to squeeze every last minute out of it.

Someone mentioned earlier that leaving 5 minutes early adds up to 95 minutes over a full season. Well, if you stay those extra 5 minutes and it adds half an hour on to your journey home, that adds up to 9 and a half extra hours a season sat in traffic listening to Alan Kernaghan and idiots who've "not been to the game today" chatting nonsense on GMR! Not for me thanks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Alan-partridge.jpg

Back of the net!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
DTKOAG said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I would volunteer, but I'm halfway down Grey Mare Lane by then, along with the other plastics, listening to the last quarter of an hour on the radio.
Could you imagine fetlocks being in charge of a stand.
Everyone would be shit scared of talking or moving
He doesn't frighten me, mate ;-)

+1

:)

If you leave when we're losing and the game is not finished, are you therefore accepting the result? Do you not want us to score to equalise or even win? Do you not think that as a "supporter" you can influence with your support a possible comeback? Is beating the traffic more important than supporting your team? You're a fucking mystery to me

KpxSte said:
If you leave when we're losing and the game is not finished, are you therefore accepting the result? Do you not want us to score to equalise or even win? Do you not think that as a "supporter" you can influence with your support a possible comeback? Is beating the traffic more important than supporting your team? You're a fucking mystery to me

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn !!

oakiecokie said:
KpxSte said:

You should wake up and support the team. Let me guess, you paid your money and can do want you want?

KpxSte said:

Is it that hard to accept the fact that people who have been supporting City for years on a monumental night for us might have found Alves scoring a bitter pill to swallow and decided to leave at that point, not because they have given up on the team or a lack of loyalty, but because they were upset?

99% of the time I stay. If you want to leave early do what you want... You paid your money.

The bloke next to me left at 2-1 down against QPR and I don't blame him, we've all been through the mill, but sometimes it's worth staying that little bit longer.

ForzaMancini said:
KpxSte said:

Is it that hard to accept the fact that people who have been supporting City for years on a monumental night for us might have found Alves scoring a bitter pill to swallow and decided to leave at that point, not because they have given up on the team or a lack of loyalty, but because they were upset?
After supporting us for years they were upset by a last minute second goal for Barcelona in a champions league knock out 1st leg? After we played so well especially with 10 men?

KpxSte said:
oakiecokie said:
KpxSte said:

You should wake up and support the team. Let me guess, you paid your money and can do want you want?

Yep and have done for 50+ fucking years.Getting far to repetitive this nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.