Fantastic point, lads.

red sun said:
Wow. Quite some characters you have on here. You gave the excuse of a red card in the first leg...and now you give the excuse of Silva and Balloteli! Pleeeease.

You had no shot on target. Only 38% of the possession. And you all come on here and celebrate your performance. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=293070&cc=3888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=293070&cc=3888</a>

Oh I'm sorry. Maybe we should just have handed you all three points. Shut up. Just had a look at the Arsenal fans on 606, the typical comment being that we've now handed the title to United. Good point for us. Get over it gooners.

gooney said:
shaun said:
I thought we'd get battered,and we did for most of the first half.Mancini gambled and won the tactical battle by the width of both posts.I'm left wondering what plan B would've been had they scored early doors,I doubt there was a plan B to be honest.Also how would we have set up with Silva and Balo fit?
Anyway,great result,the defence were awesome at times,and with Joe Hart we have the best keeper in the League.Arsenal shredded our midfield and we lived to tell the tale.Forza Mancini.
Tbh I expect Mancini to get some stick tomorrow from the media with the way he approached the game. But honestly if you guys conceded a goal late on he would have been slaughtered and you can imagine all the Italian cliché’s to come out. He’s too defensive, he doesn’t understand the English game and he lacks ambition.

So do I.The thing is what the fuck did you expect us to do,bend over and let you thrash us? The only thing bad about the game was the fact that a draw helps Ushited.

red sun said:
Wow. Quite some characters you have on here. You gave the excuse of a red card in the first leg...and now you give the excuse of Silva and Balloteli! Pleeeease.

You had no shot on target. Only 38% of the possession. And you all come on here and celebrate your performance. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=293070&cc=3888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=293070&cc=3888</a>

ooohhh 5 shots on target - why didnt you go 2 up top?

red sun said:

I seem to remember Arsenal fans using the same excuse whenever you're missing Van Persie and/or Fabregas. You know what? I accept the argument. If you're missing quality attacking players, including a World Cup winner, and key playmaker, and winner of the U-21 Ballon d'Or, who's scored five league goals in nine appearances, I'd think it's fairly logical that you'd lose something in attack. But oh no, injuries are only something that blight Arsenal the soul of football, not City.

Cheadle Blue said:
don't give a shit what anyoone lese says, we are not here to entertain the neutrals. whether its one all, 5 all, or nil - nil, its a point.

A pont more than spurs and chelsea got tonight, and we are still second.

That will do me, and to all that don't like it............get fucked!

Hear hear.

gooney said:
shaun said:
I thought we'd get battered,and we did for most of the first half.Mancini gambled and won the tactical battle by the width of both posts.I'm left wondering what plan B would've been had they scored early doors,I doubt there was a plan B to be honest.Also how would we have set up with Silva and Balo fit?
Anyway,great result,the defence were awesome at times,and with Joe Hart we have the best keeper in the League.Arsenal shredded our midfield and we lived to tell the tale.Forza Mancini.
Tbh I expect Mancini to get some stick tomorrow from the media with the way he approached the game. But honestly if you guys conceded a goal late on he would have been slaughtered and you can imagine all the Italian cliché’s to come out. He’s too defensive, he doesn’t understand the English game and he lacks ambition.

Oh boo f*cking hoo. Get over it. Arsenal always flatter to deceive, especially once it gets past Christmas. Get over yourselves, it was a good point for us. End of.

red sun said:

Yeah you are 100% correct, why would we want to change our style and walk away with a good point when we could have played open football and come away with nothing? As I stated earlier, if your team could put in that kind of performance you wouldnt get dicked every time you go to OT or SB! Also lets see where your open football and lack of tactical nous gets you in the Nou Camp as well!

That's fair enough, but it's just a 'what if'.

And not a terribly relevant one, because (correct me if I'm wrong) you just didn't look like scoring in the last twenty minutes.

I'd have taken a draw tonight, and I'm pretty happy. We hung in there to the very end and defensively we were great. Some teams could have been mauled 6-0 after those first 10 minutes, but no, we got our heads down and dug in. Mancini came with a gameplan, and, it worked successfully. I am though a little dissapointed by just how little attacking intent we showed. One shot of note throughout the entire game. Also, Newcastle and WBA have won there, and, especially in WBA's case, they attacked them and it worked very well. A little frustrating that teams like them can win there and yet we never ever looked like winning that. So, overall, I'm happy, but not as happy as some on here seem to be.

Someone before made quite a good point, we have actually increased our lead over Spurs and Chelsea, and that's despite having the hardest game of the 3.

Also, if what the commentator on MoTD said was right, and the booing at the end was aimed at City and our defensive tactics, then that is simply pathetic from the Arsenal fans. Just because our tactics prevented your team from getting the win. Not as if we chated. I'm sure you would have quite liked us to attack you so you could pick us off on the break but believe or not Mancini isn't quite that stupid/naive.

gooney said:
You b@stard parked the bus on us lool. Well done for the point, have to say you rode your luck at times, but defended brilliant most of the game. I have to say as an arsenal fan Im proud of my team tonight sure we didnt score, but we gave everything and with little bit more luck could have won that game. Lets just hope Harry gives Fergie a game and don’t just bend over for him like all the English managers seem to do

I understand what you're saying but doesn't it concern you a bit that you couldn't score tonight? The outcome of tonight could play a key part as to whether you win the league or not.

honestly I thought Spurs away was more difficult than Arsenal away. yes they had possession but only a handful of quality chances.

truth is they had 90+ minutes to score and couldn't bag a goal. if they had it in'em they woulda scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.