FAO all scottish city fans

mancityscot said:
stirlingblue said:
I've just had a look on thetrainline.com and you can get anytime off peak Glasgow Edinburgh for £7 return. EDI - NEW from as cheap as £22 with advance singles and Metro tickets to Stadium of Light just £3. Total cost £32.
My experiences have shown you need to try breaking the journey down to get the best prices. For example GLA-NEW return £56 on trainline when you can get the same trains - even now - for under £30 in total when booking GLA - EDI & EDI - NEW separately.

We are booked on the 12:19 from EDI and with match tickets (1 adult 1 junior) and booking fees the cost with a rail card is just over £70 for both of us, all in.

Hope this helps

cheers for the pm stirling blue, we arew presently going to be driving down aswell, setting off form edinburgh, however the train times that you have given make it out to be 29.30 for the two of us going down. 1 adult, and i'll pass for an under 16. so thats not too bad, and if theres few going on the train then that would be great

are you gong for a beer in Sunderland guys?

aka blue jambo said:
mancityscot said:
cheers for the pm stirling blue, we arew presently going to be driving down aswell, setting off form edinburgh, however the train times that you have given make it out to be 29.30 for the two of us going down. 1 adult, and i'll pass for an under 16. so thats not too bad, and if theres few going on the train then that would be great

are you gong for a beer in Sunderland guys?

I'm on the 12 o'clock train from Waverley on Sunday.Are you drinking in Sunderland pre match.

aka blue jambo said:
bennyboy said:
I'm on the 12 o'clock train from Waverley on Sunday.Are you drinking in Sunderland pre match.

thats the plan mate .. any suggestions?

Never been but got this from an away day site.

Sunderland AFC
Stadium of Light
Where To Drink

There are bars inside the ground, however they get really crowded. I would recommend the William Jameson (Wetherspoons pub) in the centre of town for a drink before or after the game, as it has a great atmosphere. Whilst Jason Adderley a visiting West Brom fan adds; ''The Albion pub, on Victor Street, off Roker Avenue, is a five minute walk from the ground, with some parking nearby. I've used this pub the last three times I've visited Sunderland with West Brom. Always friendly and the landlord even puts on complimentary snacks after the game. Otherwise there is a chippy a couple of doors away. An all round top boozer'. Stephen Lundell informs me; There are also another couple of bars worth mentioning, both a five minute walk away form the stadium, on the road approaching the Wearmouth bridge on the North (Stadium Side) of the river. There are two social clubs - The Sunderland Companions club, and the New Democratic Club, which both get very busy, and will offer a warm welcome to away supporters, and serve cheap beer'.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballgroundguide.com/sunderland/pubs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballgroundguide.com/sunderland/pubs.htm</a>

i thnk we were in the Wotherspoons pub the last time .. decent enough pub but all I really remember is that they had the QOS V Aberdeen semi on
that was some game

aka blue jambo said:
i thnk we were in the Wotherspoons pub the last time .. decent enough pub but all I really remember is that they had the QOS V Aberdeen semi on
that was some game

Superb game,one of the best and funniest ever.Bet the Dons wished Tango was still there now.

bennyboy said:
aka blue jambo said:
that was some game

Superb game,one of the best and funniest ever.Bet the Dons wished Tango was still there now.

the whole pub was transfixed and trying to work out who / what QOS was .. and your right even he is better than Magoo!

have you ever bussed it down to Manchester,how long would it take?

The Fixer said:
Are you scottish city fans formerly from manchseter? if not how did you come about being a city fan?

for me it was when Arthur Mann signed from Hearts .. my Scottish team as I live in Edinburgh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.