FAO all scottish city fans

ayrshire_blue said:
How much are you guys paying for the train from edinburgh? Reason i'm driving is coz the train from glw is 60 quid return, thought that was a bit dear.

I've just had a look on thetrainline.com and you can get anytime off peak Glasgow Edinburgh for £7 return. EDI - NEW from as cheap as £22 with advance singles and Metro tickets to Stadium of Light just £3. Total cost £32.
My experiences have shown you need to try breaking the journey down to get the best prices. For example GLA-NEW return £56 on trainline when you can get the same trains - even now - for under £30 in total when booking GLA - EDI & EDI - NEW separately.

We are booked on the 12:19 from EDI and with match tickets (1 adult 1 junior) and booking fees the cost with a rail card is just over £70 for both of us, all in.

Hope this helps

if anyone is interested I can try to find out how much a coach would cost .. what time would people want to leave / come back?

looking at the remaining fixtures,timescales etc I would think that the Villa game at the COMS on 1st May could be worth a shout!

cheers
just had a look at trainline and the cheapest return seems to be approx £50 so anything else should be cheaper

£21.40 return Glasgow - Sunderland with <a class="postlink" href="http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/</a>

stirlingblue said:
ayrshire_blue said:
How much are you guys paying for the train from edinburgh? Reason i'm driving is coz the train from glw is 60 quid return, thought that was a bit dear.

I've just had a look on thetrainline.com and you can get anytime off peak Glasgow Edinburgh for £7 return. EDI - NEW from as cheap as £22 with advance singles and Metro tickets to Stadium of Light just £3. Total cost £32.
My experiences have shown you need to try breaking the journey down to get the best prices. For example GLA-NEW return £56 on trainline when you can get the same trains - even now - for under £30 in total when booking GLA - EDI & EDI - NEW separately.

We are booked on the 12:19 from EDI and with match tickets (1 adult 1 junior) and booking fees the cost with a rail card is just over £70 for both of us, all in.

Hope this helps

cheers for the pm stirling blue, we arew presently going to be driving down aswell, setting off form edinburgh, however the train times that you have given make it out to be 29.30 for the two of us going down. 1 adult, and i'll pass for an under 16. so thats not too bad, and if theres few going on the train then that would be great

ye sounds good idear i am up in the shetland isles long way 2 go not cheep 2 get down there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.