FAO The Hamburg fans posting over the last few weeks...

Thanks a lot!

City's got be proud for having such great fans! You are Manchester!

Best wishes for rest of the season!!

Now we are facing f*****g "Brähmen" four times in 18 days!

04/22 Home - German-Cup Semi Final - only one leg ;-)
04/30 Away - Uefa-Cup 1st leg
05/07 Home - Uefa-Cup 2nd leg
05/10 Away - Bundesliga

Scheiss "Brähmen"!!

Reading this thread I'm gutted to have have missed what sounds like a really special night.

Got into Gatwick this aft and found even the Rag Mirror heaping praises upon us and the atmos. !!??
Well done all Blues for what sounded like mammoth support and good luck to Hamburg .. like everyone has said.

BTW my lad was weaering the City awat shirt in Marrakesh on the day and I was astounded at the number of morrocans who recognised it and started a chat. There was one lad in Essaouira running a stall in the souk wearning thuis season's home shirt !!
he was well made up when we showed up !!

Back after some days off due to travel...
Many Thanks to all Blues for beeing great hosts. Nice Party there at Shambles, excellent atmo at the ground and a truly remarkable night.

I will add a few more words and posts tomorrow, for now im going to take some sleep.

keep your heads up.

Congrats mates for being such excellent hosts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can´t even imagine that anybody of us Hamburg supporters had any trouble!
I hope to be back in Manchester very soon!

THANKS MANCs and only the best for the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can i also mention seeing as nobody else has that there was two cracking blonde girls in the hambury section. spent half the match looking at them!!!!

also can any hamburg fan explain why your badge pennants etc. are blue with white and black and yet you always seem to have played in white and red???

mancyman said:
also can any hamburg fan explain why your badge pennants etc. are blue with white and black and yet you always seem to have played in white and red???

The "international" hamburg shirt (http://picture.yatego.com/images/47c429 ... ei_001.JPG) is the red one you´ve seen in Manchester.
The "home" shirt (http://www.trikotmarkt.de/Media/Shop/110.11.9000.08.jpg) is a white one with thin red stripes and then there´s the "away" shirt (http://www.eckstossonline.de/blog/wp-co ... waerts.jpg) which is blue/black and comes closest to our badge colours

I think the home shirts have ever been more red whilst the way shirts have ever been more the blue kind.

A bit of history and a bit of merchandising reasons I suppose.....

The red away-shirt has quite a long tradition, first pictures I could find with it are from the sixties, these ones are from a bit later:

hsv3.JPG

imago03651808m_3.jpg

But certainly the following is the old traditional kit, virtually unchanged until tody, important: the socks!

seeler.JPG

Hamburg you were fantastic and what a night i think we learned things off each other that can only help both sets of fans and teams. I think your excellent singing and jumping and general enthusiasm actually made us fire up and helped the blues.

Also your positivity rubbed off - we can be a moaning bunch of t**ts to be honest, but when we get behind the team as one it really is the 12th man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.