FAO those who just know the rags will be champs come May

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Maybe a little perspective is called for.
Not that long ago,we were embroiled in relegation dogfights at this time of year.
And not always from the top flight,but from the second tier to the third.
Now everyone is having a head wobble because we may not win the Premiership.
Ffs - let's just enjoy the fact that we are still in with a fair shout of the title,because the rest of the league would give their right arms to be in our position.

Gotta agree with you there Fettler.

Re: FAO who just KNOW that the rags will be champs come May?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes but we need to split start of the season and after December 26th in to 2 different sections. The 1st when we were unplayable and destroying all before us but for 2 or 3 games and after the 26th of December when Mancini decided we would play football like we did last season and everyones confidence went through the floor

I think it's a bit of a simplistic (and wrong) to suggest that the turnaround in results is just down to a decision from the manager to play a different style of football.

But it's irrelevant, the question isn't "is our form from the last few months good enough to win our away games coming up", or "was our form from the first few months good enough". It's "are we good enough as a team and squad to win all of our away games for the rest of the season".

The answer to that question is undoubtedly yes.

moomba said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes but we need to split start of the season and after December 26th in to 2 different sections. The 1st when we were unplayable and destroying all before us but for 2 or 3 games and after the 26th of December when Mancini decided we would play football like we did last season and everyones confidence went through the floor

I think it's a bit of a simplistic (and wrong) to suggest that the turnaround in results is just down to a decision from the manager to play a different style of football.

But it's irrelevant, the question isn't "is our form from the last few months good enough to win our away games coming up", or "was our form from the first few months good enough". It's "are we good enough as a team and squad to win all of our away games for the rest of the season".

The answer to the question "are we good enough to beat all 19 Premiership teams, home and away" is also undoubtedly yes. We can go to any ground in England and win, of that there's no doubt. However there has to be some realism, whilst we can win every game we won't win every game, at some point we will drop points. The same goes for the next 10 matches. Yes we are capable of winning all of them, but will we win 10 in a row? Common sense says unlikely.

moomba said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

More specifically can we gain 4 more points from our next ten games than Manure can from their next 9 and the answer to that is yes we can just as we have done previously this season.

Matty said:
The answer to the question "are we good enough to beat all 19 Premiership teams, home and away" is also undoubtedly yes. We can go to any ground in England and win, of that there's no doubt. However there has to be some realism, whilst we can win every game we won't win every game, at some point we will drop points. The same goes for the next 10 matches. Yes we are capable of winning all of them, but will we win 10 in a row? Common sense says unlikely.

Unlikely, but certainly not impossible. We do have the longest consecutive winning streak in the league this season so we have as much chance as anyone of going on a run.

Personally I'd be surprised if we went though the rest of the season undefeated. But to suggest that there is no possibility is defeatist. Remember not too many people have any difficulty believing United will go undefeated through to the derby at least (11 matches), and it's not like they have proven they are significantly better than us over the course of the year so far.

Matty said:
moomba said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yes but form is the yardstick we all go buy and we are a quality side but Chelsea and Arsenal and the rags are all good sides and are all bang in form and we have to play them all while we are indifferent.
You cant just flippantly deny form has a huge impact on football because we all know it does

The fact that we have been up there all season is the galling part.

I personally think that we need United to lose at least two games in their run in and I believe we will lose at least two more and the derby is a must win for us.

If you had offered me second at the beginning of the season, I would have been more than happy to take it but I suppose I have been taken in by all the postive thinking on bluemoon when I knew deep down that we havent been playing well for a while away from home and United's run in made them favourites.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes but form is the yardstick we all go buy and we are a quality side but Chelsea and Arsenal and the rags are all good sides and are all bang in form and we have to play them all while we are indifferent.
You cant just flippantly deny form has a huge impact on football because we all know it does

How you played in your last game doesn't determine how you go in your next.

We are good enough to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags. Two of them are at home where our form says that we've won our last six scoring 17 and conceding 2. And one is at a place we've already won this year. Or does form only count when it says we can't achieve?

We may not win the lot, but to straight out say we can't do it is wrong IMO.

Got a feeling we can beat Chelsea and maybe arsenal, but then have a typical city moment and cock it all up against Norwich. Really hope not coz if we can stay at 1 point then we can win the derby

moomba said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

How you played in your last game doesn't determine how you go in your next.

We are good enough to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags. Two of them are at home where our form says that we've won our last six scoring 17 and conceding 2. And one is at a place we've already won this year. Or does form only count when it says we can't achieve?

We may not win the lot, but to straight out say we can't do it is wrong IMO.

Of course we can win every game we play.We CAN lose every game we play as well but we won't. Such a strange thread.

WE ALL want City to win every game and win the league but there are some throwing in realism and that reality says we will not win all or away games.Hell I would be delighted if we win 3 of our remaining away games.

Is it being anti City to dare to suggest we probably won't win the league this season? A tad negative maybe but for me you have to be a little blind and exceptionally optimistic to think that our away form is going to turn on it's head from now so that we will win every game.I hope we do but.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.