FAO those who just know the rags will be champs come May

Re: FAO who just KNOW that the rags will be champs come May?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
moomba said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes but form is the yardstick we all go buy and we are a quality side but Chelsea and Arsenal and the rags are all good sides and are all bang in form and we have to play them all while we are indifferent.
You cant just flippantly deny form has a huge impact on football because we all know it does

How you played in your last game doesn't determine how you go in your next.

We are good enough to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags. Two of them are at home where our form says that we've won our last six scoring 17 and conceding 2. And one is at a place we've already won this year. Or does form only count when it says we can't achieve?

We may not win the lot, but to straight out say we can't do it is wrong IMO.

Of course we can win every game we play.We CAN lose every game we play as well but we won't. Such a strange thread.

WE ALL want City to win every game and win the league but there are some throwing in realism and that reality says we will not win all or away games.Hell I would be delighted if we win 3 of our remaining away games.

Is it being anti City to dare to suggest we probably won't win the league this season? A tad negative maybe but for me you have to be a little blind and exceptionally optimistic to think that our away form is going to turn on it's head from now so that we will win every game.I hope we do but.......

Like I said, I've not predicted us to win every game, and I have no problem with those that think it's unlikely that we'll do it.

I hate to see these "we won't win the league ... fact" statements from blues though. So defeatist.

We may well be one point behind on Wednesday night, with the leaders still to come at home. Those who think it is "impossible" that we can win the league from where we are are being unnecessarily negative IMO.

We may all be less confident than we were before the Swansea game, but those who have effectively given up are not the type of supporters we need in the run home.

moomba said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
moomba said:
How you played in your last game doesn't determine how you go in your next.

We are good enough to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags. Two of them are at home where our form says that we've won our last six scoring 17 and conceding 2. And one is at a place we've already won this year. Or does form only count when it says we can't achieve?

We may not win the lot, but to straight out say we can't do it is wrong IMO.

Of course we can win every game we play.We CAN lose every game we play as well but we won't. Such a strange thread.

WE ALL want City to win every game and win the league but there are some throwing in realism and that reality says we will not win all or away games.Hell I would be delighted if we win 3 of our remaining away games.

Is it being anti City to dare to suggest we probably won't win the league this season? A tad negative maybe but for me you have to be a little blind and exceptionally optimistic to think that our away form is going to turn on it's head from now so that we will win every game.I hope we do but.......

Like I said, I've not predicted us to win every game, and I have no problem with those that think it's unlikely that we'll do it.

I hate to see these "we won't win the league ... fact" statements from blues though. So defeatist.

We may well be one point behind on Wednesday night, with the leaders still to come at home. Those who think it is "impossible" that we can win the league from where we are are being unnecessarily negative IMO.

We may all be less confident than we were before the Swansea game, but those who have effectively given up are not the type of supporters we need in the run home.

Some of them will be the same ones that said it was never in doubt if we finish on top.

I am cautiously optimistic we can do it but I am usually a glass half empty man when it comes to most things City.

To date we have exceeded my expectations at the start of the year so I am quite content with our efforts to date.

mancity1 said:
To date we have exceeded my expectations at the start of the year so I am quite content with our efforts to date.

If you'd have offered us 1 point behind the leaders at the start of the season the vast majority would have bitten your hand off. However, because we've been top for so long our expectations have changed and this is why we're getting so despondent.

We need to realise that we are very much in the title race and that you can't take anything for granted in the title run-in.

salfordblues said:
mancity1 said:

If you'd have offered us 1 point behind the leaders at the start of the season the vast majority would have bitten your hand off. However, because we've been top for so long our expectations have changed and this is why we're getting so despondent.

We need to realise that we are very much in the title race and that you can't take anything for granted in the title run-in.

The only thing you can take for granted is that the scum will get all the lucky breaks going and we'll get our usual quota - f**k all!

I now think we have as much chance of winning the Title as Spurs have!

Would love to be proved wrong, of course, but you don't support City since 1956 without learning to accept the inevitable!

Ah well, there's always next Season, when we can dream again!

Who's to know, really?

Towards the end of last season, we picked up tremendously and had a terrific finish. Who can say that it can't happen this time, particularly since last summer's buys have added so much quality to our squad?

I won't be putting any bets on though, particularly since I agree with those posters who feel that we've had a rough deal from the officials, both against us and in favour of United. This won't suddenly stop. The usual line is that Ref's are always going to make mistakes and they balance out by the end of the season. All I can say to that is that they had better get a move on if that's going to happen this season.

[bigimg][/bigimg]I think that this whole thread is ill-founded and laughably ridiculous because it was started by that whinging pam the angst ridden queen of oft pronounced doubt - she who is amusingly famous for her many childish doom & gloom threads (check out her sad ass back catalogue!).
And I'll bet that she's not re-mortgaged her house to put a £100k bet on the blues (as she suggests that 'doubters' should do re the rags).

Fact is that none of us know but all of us hope . . most of us without posting a new titanic thread for their friend on rag cafe to poke fun at . . do they pam?????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.