Favourite away day pubs

It has to be the pub I visited in Kiotari Rhodes watching the 6-1 City win. There with my two blue boys and a room full of rags.Even the locals were surprised to see blues. Think I was lucky to have two young lads with me as probably would have had my head kicked in cheering the goals.

The pubs on Putney High Street before walking over the bridge and through Bishops' Park to Craven Cottage. The White Lion was one. Living in London in the '80s I went in there on the way home one evening after seeing City lose at Crystal Palace. Was sat at the bar feeling glum when this American lass next to me asked "why so sad?" Turned round and looked. We got married six months later.

The pubs on Putney High Street before walking over the bridge and through Bishops' Park to Craven Cottage. The White Lion was one. Living in London in the '80s I went in there on the way home one evening after seeing City lose at Crystal Palace. Was sat at the bar feeling glum when this American lass next to me asked "why so sad?" Turned round and looked. We got married six months later.
The last time I went to Fulham, a woman in a wheel chair asked me to push her from the underground station to the ground. I was happy oblige her. Less so when it turned out she was a united fan. She’d travelled up from Brighton because she had a thing about Gareth Barry. Something of a stalker-ish obsession. As we approached the ground City’s team bus arrived. She started screaming a me to push faster so that she could see Gareth. Eventually she started pushing herself and ended up hurtling into the small crowd of city fans greeting the players. A copper gave me a filthy look as he’d obviously decided I was responsible for the mayhem.

Next time I’ll just go to the pub

The last time I went to Fulham, a woman in a wheel chair asked me to push her from the underground station to the ground. I was happy oblige her. Less so when it turned out she was a united fan. She’d travelled up from Brighton because she had a thing about Gareth Barry. Something of a stalker-ish obsession. As we approached the ground City’s team bus arrived. She started screaming a me to push faster so that she could see Gareth. Eventually she started pushing herself and ended up hurtling into the small crowd of city fans greeting the players. A copper gave me a filthy look as he’d obviously decided I was responsible for the mayhem.

Next time I’ll just go to the pub
i met that woman myself , she was outside the Emirates in 2010 without a ticket said she was from Hastings and was obsessed with Gareth Barry, kept asking me for my match ticket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.