Favourite away day pubs

Has to be The Vine at WBA for me. Great beer curry kebab etc. Nice stroll to the ground down the tram tracks, and the the sweet stall for young-ins.
But if you parked near it, it was that bloody walk all the way round the ground to get back to car.

Think it was the Navigation definitely not Trent bridge Inn as was ejected from it for friends actions. Would be great if either club came back up always a great away day
The we went and all the pubs had to shut i directed a coach full of Rochdale Blues to a boozer about 4 miles out and just off motorway. Leathered and no bother
_ikp7915.jpg

The Boleyn Upton Park. Not an away fans pub at all but christ they were mental in there. The Queens a bit further down the road was more away fan friendly.

The ones at Forest Aviary? Trent Bridge Inn or the Trent Navigation
City fans at notts county one year supped the Trent Navigation dry , landlord was going off on one !!!
Was that the one that had an upstairs bar that was actually part of the cricket ground?

It's a difficult one for me as I have been living in Coventry, Leicester, and Edinburgh for over 40 years, and have not been to many away matches over that time, apart at Wembley. Most of the pub names are lost in the mists of time apart from the Strawberry in Newcastle and the Prospect of Whitby in Wapping.

I went to the cup tie at Norwich a few years back but was driving so never made it to a pub. I assume that pubs in Coventry and Leicester will be disallowed so that's the Earlsdon Cottage and the Albany out!

I have been to a Newcastle match recently but my daughter lives in the Newcastle area. We went to the Duke of Northumberland after the match. I don't suppose that the Diamond in Ponteland will count although we did stay there after the Newcastle match.

I did go to the Champions League match at Celtic, but have worked in Glasgow for the last 25 years so I assume that the likes of the Horseshoe, the Atholl, and Waxy O'Connors will not count. My favourite bar was Dow Jones in Buchanan Street was demolished some years back as part of a shopping development. Strangely, it was, historically, a Clyde FC supporters bar despite the fact that Clyde orinally played 4 miles away in Rutherglan and more recently have played at Cumbernauld 22 miles away.

The Boleyn Upton Park. Not an away fans pub at all but christ they were mental in there. The Queens a bit further down the road was more away fan friendly.

I think The Queens is the one I was in when we drew 0-0 in 2012.
I had a good time. Had some decent chats with some Hammers too and went back after the match and did some pissed up karaoke in there later that night.

The Waterloo Blackpool....the one with the bowling green out the back I think, the Victory Filbert street Leicester, the Station in Sutton Coalfield for either Birmingham/ Villa, the cap n gown for Villa? the Exhibition / Bootham Tavern York, Fernhurst and golden ball I think for Blackburn, Moses Gate (Burnden Park), can’t remember the name of the one in Nottingham centre (1/2 timbered black & white) the Station West Hampstead & the spoons in Harrow for after Wembley

I spent a decade down in Nottingham, can you remember if it was a small long pub that looked out onto the Square (The Bell Inn), the one under Nottingham Castle with rooms hewn into the Clifface (Ye Olde trip to Jerusalem) or if it was a Rock pub, could be 'Ye Olde Salutation' I think all 3 argue that they are the oldest bars in town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.