Favourite City Photograph

35kor5z.jpg

I've just shared this picture of plans to re-develop Maine Road. does anyone know anything more on this, why it didn't happen, what year it was planned for etc (it looks very adventurous..)

it was another of Franny Lees pipe dreams, was never gonna happen

I've just shared this picture of plans to re-develop Maine Road. does anyone know anything more on this, why it didn't happen, what year it was planned for etc (it looks very adventurous..)

If I remember correctly it was a pull-out poster from a programme around 1996. I think capacity was said to be 50000. Would have been a cracking stadium!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly it was a pull-out poster from a programme around 1996. I think capacity was said to be 50000. Would have been a cracking stadium!
It was never going to happen given the location and street layout. I suppose, with enough money and using Liverpool style tactics to infest the area with rats and rabid dogs so as to encourage the locals to sell up and move out, it might have?

This is the image I have on my automobile’s navigation system. Get to see it every time I turn it on.

ea922715-7fb0-400e-b1c9-247fb6a1d5b2-original.jpg

My absolute favourite City photo.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.