Favourite City player ever?

whp.blue said:
A certain MR.DOYLE

whole hearted and 100% player who never sherked a tackle or let the club down. even thogh he played in the same side as citys' best player king colin I used to love it when he went in full throttle for a fifty fifty and he came away with the ball and the other player was normally left in a heap

god how we could do with a player like that now !
I remember hitch-hiking to The Hawthorns one winters day and watching Mike Doyle, Dave Watson and Joe Corrigan exchanging back passes on the snowy surface for simply ages to secure a precious 1-0 win. Pure magic.

whp.blue said:
A certain MR.DOYLE

whole hearted and 100% player who never sherked a tackle or let the club down. even thogh he played in the same side as citys' best player king colin I used to love it when he went in full throttle for a fifty fifty and he came away with the ball and the other player was normally left in a heap

god how we could do with a player like that now !

Agree 100% with everything you say here whp.blue.
But you forgot to say that"Doyley" also hated Utd. with a passion that no other City player has ever done,before or since.His pre-derby match tirades in the local press used to really wind the Reds up,and he used to take great pleasure in rubbing their fans noses in it when we beat them,which we did frequently in those days.
Gary Chuckle eat your heart out,you ain't even 10% of the man Doyley was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.