Favourite European teams

Dortmund for me. Lived there for a couple of years when 19,20. Went to all the home games and the atmosphere was fantastic even though the team were pretty ordinary. Always pleased when they do well.

Ajax
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Fenerbahce
Fiorentina
Malmo
Porto
St Eteinne
Valencia
Orlando Pirates
River Plate
Penarol
Kashima Antlers

Always liked Slovan Bratislava had them as a subbuteo team in the early 70s. Still look out for their results

N Ireland ... Glentoran ( many mates in East Belfast showed me the way)

I can see the Oval from the top of my road...back in the 90s used to watch the Glens most weeks....then kids came along and my all day Saturday sessions came to a halt.....

595fce482c7ca574f5315ffb17ef7b56.jpg

I always liked the Juventus team of the late 70s, especially Causio, who always came across as a skilful, moody twat.

More recently, I tended to prefer the downtrodden, unfashionable team from the two club cities, such as Torino, 1860 and Atletico Madrid.

After the best away fans display I can remember, my vote goes for Aris Thessaloniki

1860 in Germany - light Blues who were the underdogs in a city where there were entitled, arrogant, cheating rivals - seen them play twice at the Olympiastadion and once at Leeds.

1.FC Koln - I also stayed there for a break, lovely city and look out for them too.

Torino for much the same reason as 1860.

Aris Salonika - after their brilliant fans came to Manchester - the best away following ever, even better than Hamburg and Lech Poznan.

Barcelona - went to Catalunya on hols as a teen, someone mistook me for Catalan in a nice way and found it friendly. Love the football they play plus they stand for more than just their City.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle - got talking to a taxi driver in the way back from my cousin’s wedding up there and we spent 25 minutes talking about football, Caley and especially when they went twice (the first game was postponed) to Celtic and beat them to spawn the legendary headline - SuperCaleygoballisticCelticAreAttrocious. They became my team and I coincidentally married a Highlands girl who supports them too.

Ross County - even though they are Caley’s rivals we still look out for them too, but it’s Caley first for me.

East Bengal in Kolkata - they were my late Dad’s and our family’s team as the family were from East Bengal (in British ruled India which became East Pakistan and is now Bangladesh) but when India was partitioned the family moved to Kolkata where EB already existed. It’s in the blood, literally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.